Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Would you try and return to Upper Deck?

and try and get replacements or leave as is since most collectors wont care?

Unboxed these Series 2 Hockey Hobby box and all 6 Young Guns had this defect on the back hologram. I personally dont care and think they are charming as is but how much would PSA (for grading purposes) and other collectors care if I indeed wanted to part ways at some point?

Any thoughts on what you would do?

Thanks alot!

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2021 1:16AM

PSA will care for grading.... Now whether these cards are or will ever be worth grading would be the reason to reach out. I don't know ultra modern hockey.

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt Upper Deck will replace these. Is there is a guarantee cards will be "10's" out of the box, free of print defects? Great cards nonetheless.

• Options
    tomg1977tomg1977 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

I would reach out to UD at least and see what they say. Couldnt hurt. Nice pull on the Stutzle.

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2021 2:20PM

If you reach out, try to come across as a 12 year old kid and not a guy looking to grade and flip. You might get a free pack in that case. Zero chance they send replacements for those exact cards.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tomg1977 said:
    Nice pull on the Stutzle.

I was going to say almost the same thing, but for the Lankinen.

• Options
    TMOTMO Posts: 5

@GreenSneakers said:
    If you reach out, try to come across as a 12 year old kid and not a guy looking to grade and flip. You might get a free pack in that case. Zero chance they send replacements for those exact cards.

Act like a 12 year old, that I can do. I have heard of card replacements even for Off Centered hits but i will reach out and see what they say. Either way I am not sending these in to them if they can't replace the same same cards that's for sure.
    Thanks for your thoughts on this!

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2021 3:57AM

What is the issue exactly with the holo? Looks like a sticker was placed over top of 90% of it, weird!