Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

COIN

ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts on this ticker :o:DB)>:)

Comments

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think just buying a share of bitcoin on PayPal is probably easier and more practical and will pay off a bit more quickly.

I am very happy with the AG I bought during the physical silver so called squeeze when I decided the ones making money there would be the mining companies needing to replenish bullion suppliers...I was right.

I also spent a few hundred on some super cheap cryptos and 3 out of 4 of those have at least doubled in less than 2 months lol.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

I will sell my Bitcoin on Paypal today as I am up 30%

I may dabble in COIN, I do have a limit order in.

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    I will sell my Bitcoin on Paypal today as I am up 30%

I may dabble in COIN, I do have a limit order in.

Nice, I'm adding COIN to my watch list.
    I bought some bitcoin and litecoin on PayPal earlier this year and the total has more than doubled :smile:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

How can I not buy a stock whose stock sticker is ... COIN <3

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

buying shares with dollars...

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

I actually sold all my crypto to partial fund my stock purchase of COIN, the rest was cash and margin :o

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

COIN. It is fun. Just like my coins in precious metals, they are fun. Crypto’s are fun. That’s why I do it. I don’t wrap myself around the axle of meaning or impropriety or whether it’s worse than general banking. I just do it for fun.
    Got Ethereum?!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I actually sold all my crypto to partial fund my stock purchase of COIN, the rest was cash and margin :o

So you sold your fake money to partially fund your stock that deals in fake money, than you threw in a bit of real money?

Margin calls EOC!

• Options

@Raybo said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@MsMorrisine said:

So you sold your fake money to partially fund your stock that deals in fake money, than you threw in a bit of real money?

Margin calls EOC!

Margin is a sharp double-edged sword, sure adds excitement to life :)

I am trying very hard to manage my personal risk tolerance which is about an eleven on a scale of 1 -10. :o

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    COIN. It is fun. Just like my coins in precious metals, they are fun. Crypto’s are fun. That’s why I do it. I don’t wrap myself around the axle of meaning or impropriety or whether it’s worse than general banking. I just do it for fun.
    Got Ethereum?!

Yes. Yes I do

• Options

Good on ya....Got Ethereum Classic, Litecoin? Sushi?

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    Good on ya....Got Ethereum Classic, Litecoin? Sushi?

I had some Litecoin but I converted it to ethereum.

• Options

All primary crypto boats are a floatin, right now.
    I got bit by the Doge. Can’t help myself!

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    Got Ethereum?!

My friend in England and I have been having a little cheap stuff Crypto contest...I'm winning by a lot since we started :smiley:
    I like that you call it fun because we've been referring to our little contest buys as our "fun crypto" lol.
    Right now in my fun pile...
    DOGE - Dogecoin
    XTZ - Tezos
    ETH - Ethereum
    VET - VeChain
    HBAR - Hedera Hashgraph
    VTHO - VeThor Token
    ONE - Harmony
    ICX - ICON
    MANA - Decentraland

Coins are Neato!

• Options

Oh boy, lotsa fun stuff I know very little about? How do you choose?

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    Oh boy, lotsa fun stuff I know very little about? How do you choose?

Well for our little contest the concept was to buy the cheaper stuff and or no more than a couple hundred dollars of anything else, preferably the really cheap ones...There is truly no method to the madness. Some of them I chose based on how good I thought the name is lol. There is actually quite a bit of research available and some of it is far beyond my technical comprehension but some of the basis for creating particular coins also makes sense and drives long term prices. Learning about market cap helps when it comes to crypto. We are all still learning. My friend is the person who taught me the basics of buying into some.

Doge coin is a good example of something that still seems like a solid investment. It recently got hyped by Elon Musk and Gene Simmons buying a ton of it...I bought about 1200 of them at a few cents each and now it's almost 30 cents each. Many bought it when it was a fraction of a cent. My friend bought about $2k of it and now he's got about $25k of it! Elon bought millions and millions lol.

If you're willing to risk a few bucks you can buy into pretty much any crypto you like. Some people bought Bitcoin at $50 each and now it's $62k each!!! I did good with bitcoin but not that good lol!
    Here's a look at a few cryptos... https://coinmarketcap.com/

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited April 17, 2021 10:10AM

I just now signed up for a Coinbase account.

I figure if own the stock, I should use the service.

Now, to try and figure it all out :o

Anyone else using Coinbase, any tips about the site?

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

I'm using Binance...so don't know much about Coinbase yet.

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2021 3:59PM

I’m In Bitcoin, COIN and RIOT. So far so good

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

so far, COIN is a nothing burger

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2021 5:13PM

@derryb said:
    I got sucked into the pre-issue hype, made sense at the time. So far, COIN is a nothing burger

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Y’all need to keep my name out your mouths >:)

• Options
    FS_JeffFS_Jeff Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

Been holding BTC since 2015 and ETH since 2016. Now holding ETH, BTC, UNI, ALGO, AAVE, LINK, REN, MATIC, in that order. At this point, I prefer owning the decentralized tokens rather than a stake in the centralized company (COIN).

In it for the long haul with some of the most stable coins. IMO, slow and steady wins the race - the hare tends to get burned in crypto. Best of luck to you if you are day trading the small-cap coins, though!

• Options
    FS_JeffFS_Jeff Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

I have used Coinbase since 2015. The best advice I can offer if you are using Coinbase to buy crypto is to make sure to buy it on the exchange itself using Coinbase Pro. The fees are much lower and you can then transfer the crypto to your Coinbase wallet for free so it is not being stored on the exchange. There is literally no point in buying crypto using Coinbase (rather than Coinbase Pro) as the transfers between the two wallets are free.

• Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭

I bought $350 combined of ETH and BTC. It is now bobbing around between $800 and $1K. Holding long term as a diversified addition to stocks and coins/metals.

• Options

I am trying to decide if I should give Coinbase my bank username and password as they asked for it.

Before I make the move, I just wanted to make sure this is normal.

Does Robinhood ask for the same information?

What is the preferred platform today on which to trade crypto?

Coinbase or Robinhood or ???

Thank you in advance.

I really appreciate the knowledge shared on this forum.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Good for you

I understand bitcoin dropping overnite

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

@bidask said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Good for you

I saw that and would have bought some last night if I had an account.

I depleted my PayPal account (crypto and crypto profits) to buy the stock COIN so there was not enough in there to cover a 1K plus buy.

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@bidask said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Good for you

I depleted my PayPal account (crypto and crypto profits) to buy the stock COIN so there was not enough in there to cover a 1K plus buy.

I thought you also have a COIN account in which to trade Bitcoin

• Options

@bidask said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@bidask said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Good for you

I signed up yesterday so I do have an account, but at this time I did not feel comfortable giving out my bank username and password. So I have no funds in the account.

Anyone here using Coinbase and gave the bank info?? Not the routing number and account number, but the password and username.

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    I am trying to decide if I should give Coinbase my bank username and password as they asked for it.

Thank you in advance.

Yes... Coinbase, Binance, etc...
    They actually put cash you withdraw from your own accounts into their account (If you're in the U.S. they will likely show you the name of their bank when you set everything up)...it's basically like setting up any other bank account except some added layers of identity verification since you're not there in front of them. When I set up my Binance account I had to provide a copy of ID and a current bill for address verification, I sent a copy of my electric bill. Also, they do keep track of gains for the IRS just like if you were using Ameritrade. As long as you have nothing to hide you're good :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited April 18, 2021 12:34PM

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Thank you in advance.

I use Coinbase. I don't recall them ever asking for username and password, however.

Coinbase is known to have had security issues in the past. I don't know if they fixed them.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Thank you in advance.

Coinbase is known to have security issues.

I read about those from a few years ago. Is this still the case or did they fix the problems before going public?

• Options

I read about those from a few years ago. Is this still the case or did they fix the problems before going public?

Most likely took care of issues before going public I’m thinking

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@bidask said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@bidask said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Good for you

I signed up yesterday so I do have an account, but at this time I did not feel comfortable giving out my bank username and password. So I have no funds in the account.

Anyone here using Coinbase and gave the bank info?? Not the routing number and account number, but the password and username.

I use Coinbase but I don't reacall> @ErrorsOnCoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Thank you in advance.

I don't really know specifically. But, if you remember, I got hacked a few months ago. At the time, I was using the Coinbase program and the first thing the hackers did was buy $5000 in Ethereum.

I changed all my passwords. Ran multiple virus scans, etc. And everything was back to normal. First time I tried to use Coinbase on that computer, someone else tried to access my Coinbase account. Fortunately, I had instituted dual factor and they couldn't get in.

This doesn't happen when I use other devices. But it seems like something is attached to Coinbase on that computer and I don't use it anymore.

I have so many MFAs now, half the time I can't get into my own accounts. LOL.

I just bought $100 in Ethereum for yucks. Took me 20 minutes to figure out how to get into my account.

• Options
    AlongAlong Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭

Doge coin is a good example of something that still seems like a solid investment. It recently got hyped by Elon Musk and Gene Simmons buying a ton of it...I bought about 1200 of them at a few cents each and now it's almost 30 cents each. Many bought it when it was a fraction of a cent. My friend bought about $2k of it and now he's got about $25k of it! Elon bought millions and millions

Solid investment? By what reasonable definition? What a joke!

• Options

@Along said:

Doge coin is a good example of something that still seems like a solid investment. It recently got hyped by Elon Musk and Gene Simmons buying a ton of it...I bought about 1200 of them at a few cents each and now it's almost 30 cents each. Many bought it when it was a fraction of a cent. My friend bought about $2k of it and now he's got about $25k of it! Elon bought millions and millions

Solid investment? By what reasonable definition? What a joke!

By definition of the cryptos which have shown to be stable or growing. I sold some at 30 cents and made much more than my original investment back. Crypto isn't going anywhere no matter how 'jokey' you've decided it is. ...We all know that even some coins we thought would be 'solid investments' haven't been.

Every penny of actual currency you put into something else is some sort of gamble. I've spent less on crypto currencies than I have on my real-life poker tournaments :smiley:
    I'd say unless you can afford it, my advice is that I wouldn't spend more on ANY 'investment' than you'd be willing to spend on a hobby...because you may not ever get one penny of it back.

Unfortunately there is no reasonable rationale for almost anything being a solid investment...until it is.

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    AlongAlong Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭

Let me get your investment thesis correct here, “it goes up, which is good, so I buy more”

• Options

@Along said:
    Let me get your investment thesis correct here, “it goes up, which is good, so I buy more”

Nope.
    It went up so I sold some (about a 10th of it), and deposited the cash in my checking account.

I had only bought about $80 of DOGE coin originally at about 0.04 cents each, today it is about 0.30 cents each.

But I did by only $30 of another cheap crypto which is now valued at exactly $57 at this moment if I sell it.
    What I actually bought most recently was a Colorado silver proof quarter PF70 :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file