Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1984 Topps Marino

Hi everyone,

Was wondering how this print error will effect grading. Is it an error or will it impact the grade?

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

They might not even see it.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • @JoeBanzai said:
    They might not even see it.

They tend to see everything on my subs. Still trying to figure out how I got a 4 on my Mattingly rookie when it appears flawless.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear you on that.

I sent in a couple of wrongbacks a while ago and they didn't notice it was a different players stats on the back.

A couple of suggestions; Remove that card from the holder it's in and get it into a cardsaver and pick up a scanner so you can provide better pictures in the future. The people on these boards can really spot things if there's a good photo.

If I haven't already welcomed you...............welcome!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • @JoeBanzai said:
    I hear you on that.

I sent in a couple of wrongbacks a while ago and they didn't notice it was a different players stats on the back.

A couple of suggestions; Remove that card from the holder it's in and get it into a cardsaver and pick up a scanner so you can provide better pictures in the future. The people on these boards can really spot things if there's a good photo.

If I haven't already welcomed you...............welcome!

Thank you! Yeah its been in this case for about 20 years as you can see. I will definitely move it to a card saver and post better picks.

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭

Not an error, a print defect. If it had a chance at a 10, then might be considered.... But based on how the back is off center, looks like there will be other issues that decide the grade, not the blip in the line on the back.