Home Sports Talk

i'm really bored. i think i'll plop 50 on Hideki Matsuyama and Eric Bledsoe.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn 😳

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score!

Now he could lose a similar bet 893 times in a row, and worst case scenario, break even. LOL

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

i dug a little deeper on this and let's just say that it was serendipity at its finest.

Bledsoe averages less than twelve points per game and hadn't scored 25+ since January. and on top of that, he was ejected from that game in the third quarter. so if the odds of him scoring 25+ were +1800 for the entire game, i wonder what the hell they would have been of him covering the number with over a quarter left to play? can you imagine if he had only scored 24 before he got run? :D obviously the dude who placed that bet was lucky, but he was way luckier than most know.

as far as Matsuyama is concerned, no one was picking him to win, including yours truly. he is a very good player, don't get me wrong. was once as high as #2 in the world. but there's a big difference between having a cup of coffee at the top of the rankings and staying there interminably. he hadn't won a golf tournament in almost 4 years. then all facets of his game came together at the most opportune time....................and at the most opportune time for Mr. 44,650

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    i dug a little deeper on this and let's just say that it was serendipity at its finest.

Bledsoe averages less than twelve points per game and hadn't scored 25+ since January. and on top of that, he was ejected from that game in the third quarter. so if the odds of him scoring 25+ were +1800 for the entire game, i wonder what the hell they would have been of him covering the number with over a quarter left to play? can you imagine if he had only scored 24 before he got run? :D obviously the dude who placed that bet was lucky, but he was way luckier than most know.

as far as Matsuyama is concerned, no one was picking him to win, including yours truly. he is a very good player, don't get me wrong. was once as high as #2 in the world. but there's a big difference between having a cup of coffee at the top of the rankings and staying there interminably. he hadn't won a golf tournament in almost 4 years. then all facets of his game came together at the most opportune time....................and at the most opportune time for Mr. 44,650

Makes me think of this guy.... Maybe he knew the future...😂😂😂

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope the taxes did not eat him up.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".