Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

eBay scammers

Hoosierman144Hoosierman144 Posts: 16

Hello everyone. I don't know how many of you buy Cards on eBay. After being scammed so many times as both a buyer and a seller I am moving away from eBay to eBids.net. eBay needs some competition in the market. Even if you are not interested in my stuff, please consider signing up for and using eBid.

Have any of you had issues with a buyer buying a card on eBay only to file a "not as described" complaint. Then they return a similar card in much different condition while keeping the mint card that was sent. I've even sent graded cards that they've done this with sending back a scratched up slab. Tired of eBay rewarding crooks at my expense. How about you?

Comments

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I'm one of the lucky ones. I've been buying and selling on eBay for over 20 years. Probably bought and sold over 1,000 items each. Sure, I have received some overgraded items and the bad ones went back for a refund. Here's the crazy thing: USPS has not lost a single item I ever sent. Once, a person received a card in a smashed PSA holder. It was probably a $10-20 card and I just refunded the purchase and told them to keep the card.

Daniel
  • Yes, you are an honest seller and most buyers are honest to. However, I have been took a lot on high dollar items. Not really cards so much, but i have had a buyer install a new underwater pool light and send me back the old one saying it wasn't as described. eBay gave them back $160. A person from Australia stole a $500 purse from me. After winning both the eBay and Paypal cases they filed a complaint with their bank. 7 months later eBay took $520 out of my account AFTER they closed the case in my favor. I am just unsure about listing any high dollar graded card with eBay,

• AvardanAvardan Posts: 22 ✭✭

Aye, I bought two autographed cards for my 1978 set (Lyman Bostock, Rookie Catchers w/Dale Murphy)... just popped yesterday and both were graded "questionable authenticity". I'm done w/ebay.

Collecting...
    1978 Topps Baseball autograph set
    1952 Topps Baseball raw

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭

Nice website...... Is there a Best Offer option? I've got a buck for you!

• sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, sold a PSA 10 for $2500. Eight days later the buyer initiated "item not as described" claiming color was off and PSA makes mistakes. There were several of the same card listed for $1500 the date the return was started. Ebay closed case in my favor but buyer did chargeback on credit card. Received same card in PSA 9 as return and had to pay Paypal, chargeback fee, paypal fee and final value fee from best offer. Got final value fee back after 2 months of lip service.

• dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭

Do you mean ebid.net?

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

My only remark is know who you are buying from.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@sayheywyo said:
    Yep, sold a PSA 10 for $2500. Eight days later the buyer initiated "item not as described" claiming color was off and PSA makes mistakes. There were several of the same card listed for $1500 the date the return was started. Ebay closed case in my favor but buyer did chargeback on credit card. Received same card in PSA 9 as return and had to pay Paypal, chargeback fee, paypal fee and final value fee from best offer. Got final value fee back after 2 months of lip service.

Wow share the scammers id please.

• sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭

jasograjale-0

It was back in August 2020. He said/she said.... couldn't prove a thing even with pictures to eBay.

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@sayheywyo said:

jasograjale-0

It was back in August 2020. He said/she said.... couldn't prove a thing even with pictures to eBay.

You tried to report to ebay as the same item was not received back that was sent? They usually consider covering the seller on that.