Home Sports Talk

2021 NFL Draft predictions?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 12, 2021 2:23AM in Sports Talk

Any predictions for NFL Draft? I think this is the correct order, but I'm not sure. The draft begins April 29th!

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2021 2:09AM

These are supposed to be the top 5 quarterbacks in the draft. It is assumed Trevor Lawrence will be first pick, it's anyone's guess how the rest will play out.

Trevor Lawrence - Clemson
    Zach Wilson - BYU
    Mac Jones - Alabama
    Justin Fields - OSU
    Trey Lance - North Dakota State

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think like pretty much most people here and that’s Lawrence #1 and Wilson #2 then it’s a crap shoot on the rest of the QB’s

@perkdog said:
    I think like pretty much most people here and that’s Lawrence #1 and Wilson #2 then it’s a crap shoot on the rest of the QB’s

I can't wait to see where the rest of the picks go. I need some type of football in my life right now, so I'm ready. This offseason is starting to get rough perk, and I knew it would. I'm having to start baseball threads!

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Patriots will take a special teamer from Rutgers with the 15th pick

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    Patriots will take a special teamer from Rutgers with the 15th pick

Or a D2 stud Punter

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Agreed. Is it surprising Justin Fields has dropped. Reports of him remind me Lamarcus Russell. Last in first out etc. He’s survived on his athletic ability and reports are he thinks that’s enough. Not to long ago it was between Lawrence and Fields as to who would go first.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

No clue who my Falcons are gonna go for at this point with #4, O-line maybe...or trade bait depending on who's open.

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2021 10:13AM

My prediction is that no one in this draft will make the hall of fame. Good players, but none spectacular. Unless that receiver from Alabama is in the draft. Which I believe he is. So DeVonte Smith should go #1, but he won’t.

It doesn't matter who my cats pick, we'll still manage to suck. I better go ahead and stock up on Carolina Panthers Imodium AD, I'll be needing it this season.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    It doesn't matter who my cats pick, we'll still manage to suck. I better go ahead and stock up on Carolina Panthers Imodium AD, I'll be needing it this season.

You have CMC and Sam Darnold. I have already put my futures in and predict Panthers over 8 wins. They’ll will be interesting to watch. Darnold cards will not be this cheap again.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Kind of get the feeling there will be some more first round trading this year.

• dalstar66dalstar66 Posts: 51 ✭✭

My crazy prediction for the top 5 picks

1) Jaguars - Lawrence
    2) Jets - Wilson
    3) 49ers - Pitts
    4) Falcons - Sewell
    5) Bengals - Chase

I know you never give up that many picks to trade up for a TE (49ers) but I think this year you'll see it happen.

Collecting Vintage Football - Rc's

1959 Topps Football need help finishing
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dalstar66 said:
    My crazy prediction for the top 5 picks

1) Jaguars - Lawrence
    2) Jets - Wilson
    3) 49ers - Pitts
    4) Falcons - Sewell
    5) Bengals - Chase

I know you never give up that many picks to trade up for a TE (49ers) but I think this year you'll see it happen.

I am sure that it is possible that ten years from now Pitts will be the best player from this draft. But trading up to three to take him is a wild move if it comes to fruition.