Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

USPS animal interference

Ok, here’s a new one. At least for me.

I have a not-inexpensive card supposed to be delivered earlier this week. The tracking says delivery was attempted, but there was “animal interference”. I mean yeah, we have a dog, but he sleeps 23 hours a day and only goes in the back yard, not the front. So who knows. But anyway, the tracking hasn’t moved in days. The USPS website says -generically - that such packages will be reattempted the next business day. But it’s been a few days and nothing. So what to do? Is going to PO going to help?

Comments

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

At my office at usps, it's an option to scan animal interference. We're only supposed to use it if there's a dog or something keeping us from going to the house. We're supposed to try again the next day. Try calling your delivery office and ask if the carrier can bring it again, the dog will not be loose, or you might have to go to the office to pick it up. Sometimes its just a loose dog from somewhere else. If we get bit by a dog it's ALWAYS the carrier's fault so they have to be over cautious.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might not have been your dog. Where I live people don't bother to control their animals.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set