Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Spinks Coins of England 2020 or 2021 edition help please

If you have a 2020 or 2021 edition of the Spinks book "Coins of England & the United Kingdom" under the Great Britiain 1880 Sovereign listing - does Spinks list the variety:

1880 Sovereign with w.w. Incused, long tail and no B.P.?

I imagine they do not as there are many varities for this given year and they probably only publish the major varities for this issue.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2021 11:57AM

delete

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2021 12:29PM

I have the 2020 copy what mint mark are you asking about? I know very little about English coins just received it this week wanted to learn about them. I don't intend to collect them just for knowledge.

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options

@KingOfMorganDollar said:
    I have the 2020 copy what mint mark are you asking about? I know very little about English coins just received it this week wanted to learn about them. I don't intend to collect them just for knowledge.

No mint Mark (London) - look to see if either the 1880 or 1880/70 over date with a long tail and no B.P. Is listed.
    Thank you

• Options

@Exbrit said:

No mint Mark (London) - look to see if either the 1880 or 1880/70 over date with a long tail and no B.P. Is listed.
    Thank you

No there is not. 3 types are listed but not that one. Pages 494 and 495 of the 2020 edition.

• Options

@Exbrit said:

Thank you

No there is not. 3 types are listed but not that one. Pages 494 and 495 of the 2020 edition.

Thanks - I didn't believe they listed it yet.

• Options

No problem happy to help!!