Home Sports Talk

Mark your calendar for 9/19/21. PBS TV. Muhammad Ali special by Ken Burns

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw this notice on PBS tonight. Thought this would be of interest to the group. Looking forward to this show.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Thanks!

You never know when these researchers/Ali's estate will unearth something new and show something we haven't seen before.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2021 10:41PM

I wonder if the archived fight footage will be as I remember it live?? his weigh-ins were events to not be missed.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    I wonder if the archived fight footage will be as I remember it live?? his weigh-ins were events to not be missed.

At the first Liston fight weigh in he ranted/raved so much so, that his BP got so high, the weigh in Doctor almost decided to not approve of Clay (Ali) fighting.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

sometime in the late 60's-early 70's I think Ali came to understand the entertainment value he possessed and his demeanor changed. he was both a Great Champion and a Great Entertainer that I think a lot of people didn't take seriously. I was a wee lad of five when he boxed in the Olympics, don't remember that, but I do recall the "buzz" about the first fight with Sonny Liston and saw the second. I think every man in America watched the first one. those 1960's fights were Ali at his absolute greatest.