Home Sports Talk
Options

Tom Brady launching NFT company

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom Brady is launching an NFT company. The man is everywhere!

Tom Brady is joining the NFT craze and trend, as the seven-time NFL Superbowl Champion establishes "Autograph" with Dillon Rosenblatt. The company would produce and procure digital arts. While Brady would create his entry into the digital art industry, Autograph would also collaborate with other personalities to to provide a platform for their artworks.

The Non-Fungible Token (NFT) craze has taken over the world, as much as the Bitcoin cryptocurrency did when it was starting. Several prominent personalities have joined and took part in selling artwork online. Iconically, Jack Dorsey's first-ever tweet on the Twitter platform has been sold for $2.9 million, initially having a starting offer of $2.5 million.

NFTs can be any digital art that can be produced and distributed via the online platform and traded with an object of the same value, which can also be in the form of cryptocurrency. Initially, Elon Musk was supposed to sell an NFT video which he made and edited but was faced with several issues where artists claim that he stole their beats without permission.

The company called "Autograph" recently had its platform and has been set up online by Tom Brady and Dillon Rosenblatt's team to accommodate the sale and distribution of digital art. The team calls this the "ultimate NFT experience," where it already invites people to the "early adopters club" of the company.

Autograph stated that it would be an "experience-driven" NFT platform that would bring different artworks from beloved and well-known personalities. This includes athletes, artists, and prominent names from the entertainment, pop-culture, fashion, and sports industries. The digital collectibles procured and produced via this platform are promised to be the "first-of-its-kind."

The company promises a unique form of digital art or NFTs, which would be different from others, especially as it remains to be an exclusive design or piece of art from beloved names known in the industry. NFTs are supposed to be unique and the only one of their kind, or else, they would be fungible and lose their value.

Autograph Brings Massive Names from the Different Industries on its Board
Dillon Rosenblatt may be the founder and CEO of the company, but he is to be joined by prominent names in different industries that have triumphed over the United States to manage Autograph. It includes Tom Brady as a Chairman, along with advisers Eddy Cue, Senior Vice President from Apple, Cameo CEO Steven Galanis, Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer, and more.

According to CNN, Brady's presence in the team is a massive one, especially after the recent sale of his rookie card as an NFT for $2.25 million, which is considered to be the most expensive in football history.

Comments

• Options

Tom Brady's digital autograph.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool idea I guess

• Options

It is definitely a money maker, a lot of people seem to be getting into this digital collecting. To me, it is a very strange concept, if I'm understanding this correctly, it is like collecting pictures of something and not having the item physically? It seems a little strange.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

First of all, that's a cool autograph by Brady. Does the LFG stand for "Let's fn go" ?

If I understand NFT's, not only are you the owner of a picture that anyone can have on their phone, but I believe you also can
    be the owner of a clip from a real game. If so, imagine an NFT being sold of Tom Brady throwing a Super Bowl touchdown pass to Gronk. You own the clip and no one else does.

Sound strange ? Well, to others who live in the digital world it may sound strange to them that someone would pay 3 million dollars for a Honus Wagner card when you can simply own a picture of it on your phone for nothing. One person likes to hold the PSA slab and look at it in the slab, another person prefers to look at it in high definition on their phone.

An NFT can never get stolen because unless there is a world wide database failure, or cloud failure, they will always be around. A piece of cardboard can be stolen or damaged.

An NFT never has to be shipped to PSA or to someone else. If sold, it is already on someone else's phone, and a cryptocurrency transaction is all that is needed I believe, or paypal, or whatever else comes down the pike.

Some people already have a digital collection of great cards. Now we are entering a phase of digital collections that involve 1/1's of players and 1/1 video clips. It really is a cool way to collect.

Media is going to get into it as well. Imagine owning a video clip of a MASH episode ? I know it sounds silly, because anyone
    can own it on DVD, but you are the actual owner of that clip, or episode. It's kind of like owning the rights to the Beatles songs, even though anyone can listen to them anytime they want.

Sounds strange for sure, but it is what it is.

• Options

@Goldenage said:
    First of all, that's a cool autograph by Brady. Does the LFG stand for "Let's fn go" ?

If I understand NFT's, not only are you the owner of a picture that anyone can have on their phone, but I believe you also can
    be the owner of a clip from a real game. If so, imagine an NFT being sold of Tom Brady throwing a Super Bowl touchdown pass to Gronk. You own the clip and no one else does.

Sound strange ? Well, to others who live in the digital world it may sound strange to them that someone would pay 3 million dollars for a Honus Wagner card when you can simply own a picture of it on your phone for nothing. One person likes to hold the PSA slab and look at it in the slab, another person prefers to look at it in high definition on their phone.

An NFT can never get stolen because unless there is a world wide database failure, or cloud failure, they will always be around. A piece of cardboard can be stolen or damaged.

An NFT never has to be shipped to PSA or to someone else. If sold, it is already on someone else's phone, and a cryptocurrency transaction is all that is needed I believe, or paypal, or whatever else comes down the pike.

Some people already have a digital collection of great cards. Now we are entering a phase of digital collections that involve 1/1's of players and 1/1 video clips. It really is a cool way to collect.

Media is going to get into it as well. Imagine owning a video clip of a MASH episode ? I know it sounds silly, because anyone
    can own it on DVD, but you are the actual owner of that clip, or episode. It's kind of like owning the rights to the Beatles songs, even though anyone can listen to them anytime they want.

Sounds strange for sure, but it is what it is.

That is very interesting, I did not know exactly what NFT was. That would be awesome to be able to own clips from our favorite TV shows, I wouldn't mind owning some clips myself from my favorites. Cool stuff!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like Tom Brady wishes to be the Jeff Bezos of the sports world.

• Options

Wow, i've got hundreds of downloaded pics of valuable cards and coins on my computer. This must now be worth a large fortune.

Finally after all these years, i've hit the jackpot.

Well i'm off to the nearest Lamborghini dealer to trade in my 1990 Ford Taurus.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Wow, i've got hundreds of downloaded pics of valuable cards and coins on my computer. This must now be worth a large fortune.

PM pics of the Taurus, I might be able to do better than the dealer.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a way, this reminds me of celebrities selling pictures of their babies to tabloid magazines.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

PM pics of the Taurus, I might be able to do better than the dealer.

It's in great shape. The steering wheel isn't rusted out.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    In a way, this reminds me of celebrities selling pictures of their babies to tabloid magazines.

You just gave Tom and Gisele an idea.

• Options

@stevek said:

I just downloaded this, so I now own it. Top this Steve!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I find it funny though that the Billion dollars between him an Giselle it’s just not enough lol

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

Plus it's autographed, that makes it even more valuable.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

You basically do own it in today's world. Just like you own many songs and concert footage on youtube. It's in your possession, therefore you own it.

Funny thing is that the real owner of that card can't hold that card in his hand. All he can hold is a piece of plastic in his hand and look at the card. Just like you and I can hold a piece of hard plastic (Apple phone case) and look at the card the same way he does. We just don't have to spend millions of dollars to own it the way he does.

• Options

This is a very fascinating concept, and it seems to be catching on pretty good. I can't wait to see how this unfolds in the coming years.

• Options

@Goldenage said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

You basically do own it in today's world. Just like you own many songs and concert footage on youtube. It's in your possession, therefore you own it.

Funny thing is that the real owner of that card can't hold that card in his hand. All he can hold is a piece of plastic in his hand and look at the card. Just like you and I can hold a piece of hard plastic (Apple phone case) and look at the card the same way he does. We just don't have to spend millions of dollars to own it the way he does.

Technically, this isn't anything new. I recall Playboy back in the early days of the internet. They'd entice ya with a few free pics of their newest playmate, but if ya wanted to see more pics, then ya had to pay. If ya wanted to see more pics of past playmates then ya had to pay.

Well i was simply appalled, and would never be subjected to paying money like this especially for lude images of undressed women.

Except maybe once...or was it twice? LOL

• Options

@stevek said:

@Goldenage said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

Technically, this isn't anything new. I recall Playboy back in the early days of the internet. They'd entice ya with a few free pics of their newest playmate, but if ya wanted to see more pics, then ya had to pay. If ya wanted to see more pics of past playmates then ya had to pay.

Well i was simply appalled, and would never be subjected to paying money like this especially for lude images of undressed women.

Except maybe once...or was it twice? LOL

Ah yes, dirty magazines, now there's a nice trip down memory lane. My friends father had a subscription back in the 90s to Fox magazine, one of the filthiest magazines on the market. I was in high school at the time and needless to say, I spent a lot of time at my friends house. I can recall looking forward to going over there, especially on the first of the month when the new issue arrived in his mailbox.

• Options

Yes, I confess, I was into dirty magazines in my high school days. Bud Bundy was one of my heroes, we had a lot in common!

• Options

Thinking back on those days makes me feel old now. Soon I will have nothing to do but sit around and complain about things.