Home Sports Talk

Aaron Rodgers gets zapped on Jeopardy

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if you guys watched Aaron Rodgers hosting Jeopardy or not, but if you didn't, then you missed an absolutely hilarious moment. During final Jeopardy, one contestant named Scott realized that he couldn't catch the leader, so he took the opportunity to poke fun at Aaron Rodgers. As his final Jeopardy answer, Scott wrote down, " who wanted to kick that field goal?". Of course that is a reference to the Packers playoff loss to the Bucs and the bad call to kick a field goal rather than go for it on 4th down and goal from the Bucs 8 yard line with 2:05 left in the game. Here is the video of this legendary Jeopardy moment.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha! He got trashed. Trashed I say!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing .

Yes, a perfectly planned and executed zing. A work of art.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Yes, a perfectly planned and executed zing. A work of art.

Such a classic zing it should be bronze by now

Bronze indeed, soon to be silver followed by gold. This has made my day, and was an unexpected tasty treat!

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not funny if you're a Packer fan. At the time I thought that call was.....well....stupid. The Rams did the opposite all last season. Continually going for a TD on 4th and short at the goal line instead of kicking a field goal. It cost them some games. In the end it didn't matter because the Rams were lucky just to get into the playoffs. They were not going to the Super Bowl. Rodgers handled the TV situation well. He's a great QB. I don't think the coaching staff and management in Green Bay have confidence in him. I think he suspects that too.

Oh, oh, Aaron Rodgers says he wants to continue to host Jeopardy possibly full time. He says he wants to host Jeopardy and play football at the same time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/aaron-rodgers-wants-to-host-jeopardy-and-play-for-the-packers-—-at-the-same-time/ar-BB1fmkIQ

I'll take quarterbacks who are delusional for $500!

edited April 6, 2021 4:08PM

If no one is going to make fun of Aaron Rodgers mustache, then I guess the responsibility falls on me.

And I hate that stupid touchdown dance he does when he pretends to put on a championship belt. Put it on your mustache!

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

I'm not a Packer fan but he is not a good host. Even my wife says that his voice has no personality

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VikingDude said:
    I'm not a Packer fan but he is not a good host. Even my wife says that his voice has no personality

His voice is definitely too soft and lacking in crisply-defined words when speaking. I thought he did a good job the second night, not so much the first.

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know, I think he's doing a very good job.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

He seems to possess a non-authoritative, commanding, projecting, firm voice. Seems like a likable host just not sure he is the fit they are looking for here. Maybe he projects better in the huddle. :) Better or at least equal to Katie Couric. We did enjoy Dr. Oz and the producer fellow before Doc Oz. Been watching the show for decades,even took the test once in person, failed. Should of had my teeth fixed. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".