Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Stacks 2021 Hong kong Sale

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its gonna be a late night tonite .....big bucks being spent !

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's mind boggling. Blowing past estimates like nothing. Like tripling and quadrupling. Normally I disable my bid button in case of error or seizure like activity. Right now not an issue as my bid maximum isn't even remotely in the ballpark. I have an eye on something much further downstream, and hoping cooler heads will prevail. I suspect I will not be successful.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 5, 2021 9:01PM

Pinnacle collection of rare Chinese coins is drawing a lot of action!

11 lots in the first hour, 19 lots in the second!

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

among others the mongolia coinage went nuts

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. 1930 and 1930-B are common dates for British Trade Dollars, and they all blew past $2000 each in 64.

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2021 8:02PM

@messydesk said:
    Wow. 1930 and 1930-B are common dates for British Trade Dollars, and they all blew past $2000 each in 64.

I guess that’s because a few mid-range collectors didn’t want to walk away empty handed. A couple of years ago they were like $750 each, IIRC.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EVillageProwler said:

@messydesk said:

I guess that’s because a few mid-range collectors didn’t want to walk away empty handed. A couple of years ago they were like $750 each, IIRC.

They were $500 and under in 64 two years ago. I was figuring they'd be "gimmes," so I never bought either of them at the time. If they keep this up much longer, they'll be more than I paid for my 1934-B.

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sold a 1930-B in 64+ last year for somewhere around $800. I noted these were going up, so was able to get for that time a good price. But WOW! these are way higher now!

My current "Box of 20"