Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

2021 Britannia 6 coin set

Just received the 2021 set in today’s mail. I’ve never purchased the set before but got one on a whim and the detail on the smaller coins is astounding. I know that engraving is a different skill set now with laser technology, but the two smallest, 1.58g and .80 g are perfectly detailed just like the one ounce. It takes some high powered magnification to see the detail, but once you focus in it’s amazing. For an example the .80 g is smaller than a shirt button. Just wanted to share.

Comments

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

would love to see pics if you took any - always amazed at coin technology

• Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭

Agree with @ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ - would absolutely love to see some good quality photos of this set.

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

Here’s some photos of the .80 g coin. iPhone quality is wanting.

• Options

@Orlena wow!!! you were right - amazing detail at that scale! 🤯

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is another of these 2021 Britannia proofs, the 1/4 oz platinum:

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

Killer design for this year. Love the radiating lines behind Britannia and the lion.

• Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2021 7:31AM

Now if the US Mint could just produce similarly appealing designs.... :)

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

The UK coins are beautiful. That's for sure. But too easy to get toned as I have said in another thread. I have the following set, and several individual coins, all got toned.

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

@Orlena said:
    Just received the 2021 set in today’s mail. I’ve never purchased the set before but got one on a whim and the detail on the smaller coins is astounding. I know that engraving is a different skill set now with laser technology, but the two smallest, 1.58g and .80 g are perfectly detailed just like the one ounce. It takes some high powered magnification to see the detail, but once you focus in it’s amazing. For an example the .80 g is smaller than a shirt button. Just wanted to share.

When I check out, in YOUR DELIVERY ADDRESS, the STATE does not show up. Where do you put your STATE in the address book? There is only COUNTY, but no STATE.

• Options

Hmmm. I’m afraid I don’t have an answer to that. I’m registered with them and when I sign on all of that info is already entered. If you decide to register with the Royal Mint the form will require name, address, email, etc. and you’ll be set for any purchases.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't put the state, seemed to work with just the zip (postal) code and USA.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

@7Jaguars said:
    Here is another of these 2021 Britannia proofs, the 1/4 oz platinum:

beautiful! great purchase - mintage was crazy low on those