Home Sports Talk
Options

All Star Game Moved From Atlanta

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised that nobody around here seems to have noticed.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a thread about it here last week, but I think it was deleted due to political talk.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 5, 2021 10:45AM

yes it was deleted, too many people cared too deeply but the OP of this thread evidently didn't care enough to notice that thread.

• Options

@keets said:
    yes it was deleted, too many people cared too deeply but the OP of this thread evidently didn't care enough to notice that thread.

I did miss it. By the way, "evidently didn't care enough to notice" is a statement of assumption and makes no grammatical sense.

• Options
    edited April 5, 2021 11:56AM

@stevek said:
    No politics here at CU. I'm not sure how much more clear it can be?

Clear as a bell. Only thing is, I have no idea how politics is involved. Yesterday at the Easter barbecue, my son who is a big Braves fan, mentioned that the game had been moved. He was planning to attend the game. My son is not big on details. I didn't ask for any. End of conversation.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I woke up to just hear about this.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@stevek said:
    No politics here at CU. I'm not sure how much more clear it can be?

Clear as a bell. Only thing is, I have no idea how politics is involved. Yesterday at the Easter barbecue, my son who is a big Braves fan, mentioned that the game had been moved. He was planning to attend the game. My son is not big on details. I didn't ask for any. End of conversation.

I don't think they've announced yet where it will be played.

The All Star game is a lot of fun to attend. I attended one they held in Philadelphia many years ago. Very enjoyable seeing all the great players together in one stadium. And back then there was no inter-league play, so i never got the chance to see the AL players during the regular season at the Phillies ballpark. So it was especially fun seeing all the AL players in person.

Frankly, in my view the MLB All Star game is the only one worth watching, versus that from the NFL and NBA which i think are a first class joke.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

The All Star game is a lot of fun to attend. I attended one they held in Philadelphia many years ago. Very enjoyable seeing all the great players together in one stadium. And back then there was no inter-league play, so i never got the chance to see the AL players during the regular season at the Phillies ballpark. So it was especially fun seeing all the AL players in person.

I miss the days of each guy wearing their own team's uniform.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@stevek said:

@Tabe said:

@stevek said:

Yes, and i don't think there's much chance during the game of a player fielding the baseball, mistaking his team's player with an opposing runner because it wasn't a matching uniform. Besides last time i checked, there's no extra runs rewarded for a runner on the base paths intercepting the baseball and scoring, unless there was a rule change in the offseason. LOL

• Options

@stevek said:

Yes, and i don't think there's much chance during the game of a player fielding the baseball, mistaking his team's player with an opposing runner because it wasn't a matching uniform. Besides last time i checked, there's no extra runs rewarded for a runner on the base paths intercepting the baseball and scoring, unless there was a rule change in the offseason. LOL

I dunno, I think you just proposed an interesting "upgrade" to the game :)

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@stevek said:

They still wear they're own uniforms during the actual All-Star game. It's during the Monday workout day and Homerun Derby that night that they wear the designated A.L./N.L. batting practice jerseys.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like it's going to be at Coors Field.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should make for a high count HR derby.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cant understand why they would have it a coors field. I thought they were going to make this years game a tribute of sorts for Hammering Hank. if not Atlanta, why not Milwakee? wouldn't that make infinitely more sense?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^yup

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

ManFraud, nuff said

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@countdouglas said:

@Tabe said:

@stevek said:

They still wear they're own uniforms during the actual All-Star game. It's during the Monday workout day and Homerun Derby that night that they wear the designated A.L./N.L. batting practice jerseys.

That shows how closely I follow it :)

• Options

@Tabe said:

@countdouglas said:

@Tabe said:

@stevek said:

That shows how closely I follow it :)

I haven't watched one in a long time either, or the NFL or NBA equivalent.

I've got anything else better to do. LOL

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am hearing that it was the Players Alliance (which is a coalition of black MLB players) which was the catalyst for this, but that they had the support of all of the white and Latin-American players. If the game wasn't moved the biggest names were all threatening to boycott the game.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2021 5:17PM

I haven't watched an All Star game in 20 years. I was at the 1971 All Star game at Tiger Stadium. Reggies moonshot of the light tower

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......