Home Sports Talk
Options

A cat takes over Coors Field!

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

This little guy became a legend yesterday. I love it when this happens.

A game between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Colorado Rockies came to a brief halt on Friday, when a cat of unknown origin tried to live out its big league dreams.

During the eighth inning, the cat made its first appearance — really more of a teaser — by running along a wall behind home plate. No one on the field seemed to notice.

The cat made its presence felt seconds later when it advanced to the third base dugout, then ran onto the field. Displaying 80-grade speed, the cat ran all the way to center field, where it decided to hunker down a few paces from Cody Bellinger.

A clearly amused Bellinger stared down the cat, while left fielder A.J. Pollock came over to help his teammate. Soon, the cat ran again to the warning track, where it was finally scooped by a brave stadium employee and carried off the field. The cat clearly did not enjoy being picked up.

It remains unclear where the cat exactly came from. It was just one part of an eventful game on Friday, in which the Dodgers burst to a 10-0 lead while Trevor Bauer took a no-hitter into the seventh inning, at which point the Rockies hit four home runs in one inning to pull within four runs.

Comments

• Options

Awesome.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a beautiful cat, it’s definitely not a ratty Tom Cat lol

• Options
    edited April 3, 2021 4:20AM

@perkdog said:

Yes it is, I just wonder where it came from? So many questions, I will be investigating this.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

Yes it is, I just wonder where it came from? So many questions, I will be investigating this.

Please keep us informed 😂😂😂

• Options

This appears to be the cat's first appearance, you can see him running along the wall behind home plate in this video.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

The cat was thinking, "How did all these humans get into my stadium."

• Options

Here is the video of him running to centerfield and then he decides to have a little rest.

• Options

And here is the video of the finale, the cat gets up from his rest, and runs to the warning track, where he is chased down and scooped up and carried out of our lives. 😢

• Options

I'm glad they caught the animal safely.

I mean it could have turned into a catastrophe.

• Options

@stevek said:

He had dreamed of playing for the Dodgers his entire life, and he got to live that dream out for one magical moment. He even has his own MLB profile.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

He had dreamed of playing for the Dodgers his entire life, and he got to live that dream out for one magical moment. He even has his own MLB profile.

Whose goal is to pitch a purrfect game.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

The cat was stealing signs for the Rockies.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

80-grade speed, I think not. more like a slow gallop and winded after 50 yards. most of the squirrels that get on fields are faster than that pussy.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like how it sounds like everyone booed when the cat was caught

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11, 2021 1:15PM

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭

Awww aren't kitties cute :) And how dare they try to scapegoat that black cat that supposedly "jinxed" the 1969 Cubs. :( Like that nun on Sound of Music would say, the fur of a black kitty is just as soft and warm and cuddly! :)

My kitty is the color of gold, like the Brady girls, because he is more precious than gold. :) I wouldn't trade him for a million dollars :)

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars