Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1980 Magic Johnson/Bird Rookie - feedback

Hello, I have had this card for years and didn't think about it. Collected baseball cards as a kid and bought one pack of basketball cards. Always thought this should be valuable so set it aside. Heard about recent value increases and found this group. There is a chip on the top edge above the basketball. Other than being off center, I don't see much else but don't have any experience with this. Any feedback on grading and how/if I should submit? Appreciate any help!!!

Comments

• Options

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

Nice card. May still pull a 7 in my opinion. Submit to PSA under whichever level is appropriate for a psa 6-7 value based on eBay completed sales.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think a 7 is the best it can do as well. The corner near the card number 139 might keep it from getting a 7. Nice bright borders and no black ink splatter which is so common in this card gives it a solid 6-7 shot unless there is a hidden flaw not being seen in the images. Nice card and good luck with your grading.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

7 hope for better
    nice card!

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

Regardless, gonna cost you $300 min to grade it today thru July 1!

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

If what you mentioned are the only concerns, then I would think 6 is the LOW. But I think it could be a 7.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats. Post of pick of it when you get it back. That is going to be a very nice looking PSA 7.

• Options

• Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats! Looks good!

• Options
    bensiebensie Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited May 24, 2021 3:05PM

Sweet card with the vibrant colors and lack of splatter. I have a bgs 7.5 that I snapped out and submitted hoping for a psa 7. Hasn't dropped yet, but fingers crossed!