Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

200 miscut baseball card lot purchase

just purchased a lot of 200 miscut baseball cards from the 80's .. once they arrive ill try to load them all in .. there is a scan of some them from the ebay photo but not all cards can be seen . not overly valuable but i like oddball collections.

Comments

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool puzzle

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks once they arrive ill scan em so can see them clearer .

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to the pixs.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

I'll be glad to show em once they arrive.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

where is Barfvader?

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

I figured he would have left a comment B)

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

I'm here. :smile:

Looks like they are in great condition and should be as Handyman said a good puzzle as I'm sure many of those will match up. It's a great start at attempting a miscut set as well which is something I wanted to try building but always go off onto something different.

Looking forward to seeing what all you get in that lot.

• Options

thanks am looking forward to it too.. I havent seen so many being sold all at once in a bundle like this before..they should be in sometime in april . I think i payed $30 for the lot of 200 if i remember corectly

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

If you are planning to upload any, keep me in mind for the Garvey I see showing. I have collected odd printing defects and cuts over the years. Not a big spender for them usually, but will pick them up when they are reasonable.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2021 1:48AM

I’ll be glad to load them up when they arrive but am not planning to sell any for now.

• Options

The cards have just arrived and in midst of going through them all .. they are quiet interesting . Shall be an interesting puzzle to put together. will take a while to scan all of them so will do so in batches.

• Options

• Options

Here’s some more scanned.

• Options

• Options
    ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭

I wonder how those got released to the public.

• Options
    edited April 8, 2021 6:13PM

have no idea but they made it .

@Barfvader said:
    I'm here. :smile:

Looks like they are in great condition and should be as Handyman said a good puzzle as I'm sure many of those will match up. It's a great start at attempting a miscut set as well which is something I wanted to try building but always go off onto something different.

Looking forward to seeing what all you get in that lot.

here you go .. am loading in some more tonight .

• Options

ill post the rest tomorow .. last batch for the night .

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at some of those almost triggers a sense of sea sickness.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ringer said:

Topps had horrible quality control in the '80s. Combine that with huge volumes, it's not at all surprising that those got out. It's a little more surprising that one person was able to get them all together.

Aside: have you ever opened a pack from the '80s and found one of the cards was missing 80% or more? I'll bet many of us have.

• Options
    edited April 8, 2021 8:48PM

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Looking at some of those almost triggers a sense of sea sickness.

-offers a gravol to help-

yep i remember opening a pack from 1988 and pulled 1/2 a topps jeff sellers card .. photo on front / blank back ...

I still have more from the miscut box that ill scan/download later.. couldn't do all 200 today . and have no idea how he got so many of them .

• Options

@daltex said:

@ringer said:

Topps had horrible quality control in the '80s. Combine that with huge volumes, it's not at all surprising that those got out. It's a little more surprising that one person was able to get them all together.

And horrible QC in the 70,s, 60's etc. If I had to make a guess as to where a lot like this would come from I would lean towards a cut-card case first and next maybe from vending. That's assuming that the seller wasn't some weirdo who actually collected these things piece by piece. :smiley:

And thanks slimies for taking the time to share the pics.

• Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Looks like Lloyd Moseby and Neil Allen were next to each other on the sheet. Would be a fun project to complete the "puzzle".

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options

Glad to share them . I managed to match a few already with each other. Am loading the last miscuts today. Glad you liked em barfvader.

• Options

• Options

The last of the batch .

• Options
    paulb71paulb71 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@ringer said:

Aside: have you ever opened a pack from the '80s and found one of the cards was missing 80% or more? I'll bet many of us have.

I can clearly remember opening wax packs, and cello packs from the late 70's and early 80's with mis cut cards, and most of all opening packs with the same player in the pack maybe the 1st card and the 5th card, and the funny thing is whenever I got 2 of the same card in a pack it was never a player I was wishing to get .....

• Options

Not from this lot but others I’ve got.

Mark grace, cal Ripken. Stats back blank front.

• Options

Jeff sellers - photo front blank back

• Options

Cecil fielder front , billy Hatcher back

• Options
    edited April 9, 2021 12:08PM

One funny one . According to birthday he’s only 5 years old

• Options

Shifted stats

• Options

Pulled from same box . Double front and correct . Inverted player over top

• Options

I've got 22 1989 Topps blank backs pulled from a vending box. They are slightly taller in height and slightly smaller in width than a regular card. When I lifted the lid on the vending box it was clear something was going on because the pattern looked weird and when I got to the sections that were off the blank backs were there.

That hockey card is the first time I've seen that and that is a cool one.

• Options

Thanks . I looked to see if could find others like the one I pulled and found only 3 for sale on eBay