Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Mexico 8 Reales-Trend???

Previously posted in wrong forum

It seems to me that as I search for nice mid grade examples, I find more and more “Details” types of coins in new TrueView Gold Shield holders. Looking for opinions, where are all of these coins coming from? Are they coins that are not crossing over at grade or are they just new submissions? For the most part, I am seeing them on EBay or Great Collections. They are not the coins I collect but I am sure there are others who like them...The dates are not difficult dates as most in the Portrait series are not hard to come by. Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

Comments

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

How long have you been into 8 Reales?

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options

Most likely the ones you are looking for are already in collections. What grades are you looking to buy?

• Options
    TunisTunis Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭

I have 15 different dates from VF30 to AU58. 21% of the set.

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• Options
    TunisTunis Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭

This makes perfect sense. Thank you for your insight.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:
    To answer your question.....

When prices increase, dealers reach to the back of their vaults and clean out the crap that never could sell in other times. This happened during the big China collector’s boom in 2011 and I suspect it’s happening again now. Everyone is trying to capitalize on the high prices to move otherwise dead inventory.

weird that dealers would keep 'crap' coins in the back of their vaults ......crap coins are crap coins whether or not there is a boom going on .....I would think crap coins are hardly something to be capitaize on ;)

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

Some of us can't afford high grades some times we are just happy to buy an authentic coin or coins here and there and numerical graded ones as well.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

They must be coming fro Oak Island! ;)

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:

@pruebas said:
    To answer your question.....

When prices increase, dealers reach to the back of their vaults and clean out the crap that never could sell in other times. This happened during the big China collector’s boom in 2011 and I suspect it’s happening again now. Everyone is trying to capitalize on the high prices to move otherwise dead inventory.

weird that dealers would keep 'crap' coins in the back of their vaults ......crap coins are crap coins whether or not there is a boom going on .....I would think crap coins are hardly something to be capitaize on ;)

You buy the worst of them on eBay. They must be doing something right. :D