Home Sports Talk
Options

Should Trevor Lawrence cut his hair before the NFL season starts?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been curious, if we held an election on Trevor Lawrence cutting his hair, what would be the results? Should he get his hair cut before the season starts?

Should Trevor Lawrence cut his hair before the NFL season starts?

This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options

I have chosen to make the poll anonymous, if you want to reveal how you voted, that's your choice.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I say no. I don’t like long hair on dudes but he is not trying to make a statement behind his golden locks, it’s his look and doesn’t effect his ability.

• Options

I voted yes, I believe he would be more comfortable and cooler, especially on hot and muggy days. So far we have a even election. I'll be keeping an eye on this all day, this should be fun!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

i would cut it. just not my personal style. not a big fan of long hair on dudes. i didn't even like it when Tommy went through that stage. i was glad when he cut it.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the Deal with Tom Brady's 'Do? Gisele Bundchen Has the Last Word |  TIME.com

nope, didn't even like it on tom

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited March 30, 2021 9:05AM

Everyone be sure to vote, make sure your voice is heard!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had long hair my whole life and often get asked by other guys why I grow it long. when I ask if they've ever had long hair the answer is always "No" and my reply is standard: I've had long hair and I've had short hair and the preference for me is long.

another thing, I have never had any woman criticize my locks, they all tend to like it. I've always thought the guys that hate it either can't grow anything that looks nice or are afraid of the peer pressure. I generally don't care what my peers think.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

don't most women prefer it long?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would someone explain to me what the fascination is all about concerning his hair? There are dozens upon dozens of players in the NFL with MUCH longer hair than his. And not a peep from the peanut gallery. WHY HIM?

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Would someone explain to me what the fascination is all about concerning his hair? There are dozens upon dozens of players in the NFL with MUCH longer hair than his. And not a peep from the peanut gallery. WHY HIM?

I'm not sure, but I have thought about it and the best answer I can come up with is, he's a very valuable quarterback that will be the number one pick. You really don't see too many quarterbacks with long hair like that.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Lawrence doesn't cut his hair, i'm boycotting all games from the US Men's National Soccer Team.

• Options
    edited March 30, 2021 9:54AM

My goodness, this is a close and heated election so far. It's starting to get hot in here.

• Options
    edited March 30, 2021 9:56AM

I'm predicting some card company will eventually offer a Trevor Lawrence game worn hair card.

• Options
    edited March 30, 2021 9:59AM

@stevek said:
    I'm predicting some card card company will eventually offer a Trevor Lawrence game worn hair card.

A very good prediction, I've certainly seen strange things before. I always thought they should have made Houston Astros cards with a piece of game used trash can.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2021 1:15PM

I can not wait for this topic to be the #1 trending story globally across all media platforms.

It has legs and will eventually become more newsworthy than:

A. Covid 19;

B. the tragedies and hard life experienced by the Sussexes; and

C. how humanity will survive after the final show of the final season (after a 20 year run) of KUWTK.

:)

• Options

I just hope Meyer orders Lawrence to get his hair cut.

Only because for many years i've been waiting to use the line, "Hair today, gone tomorrow" but could never find a pertinent thread for it.

• Options
    edited March 30, 2021 10:36AM

We're losing this election, time to do a little campaigning.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

I asked a similar question.

And I guess it is true that it stands out because he is a probable #1 pick QB. So in that sense he would be an anomaly. But if he was a tackle or linebacker it wouldn't be a problem.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2021 10:54AM

Eventually he’ll look like the face of a multi billion dollar franchise.
    Even Patricia and Mayfield turned their hats around. I mean the face of a franchise shouldn’t meet the press looking like they just came from a kegger.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2021 10:59AM

Oh no, they're pulling away with the election, it's desperation time. Your babies are all cute, your babies are all cute, vote yes on Lawrence cutting his hair!

• Options

All the no voters are now officially off my holiday greetings card list. And that's too bad because in each card i was enclosing all expenses paid including air fare, 50 yard line tickets for two to this upcoming season's Super Bowl.

• Options

No, this election is not looking good. If it goes bad, I blame the chads. It's got something to do with hanging chads, I just know it!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

DD, start a thread to see if Fitzbutthead should cut his beard.

• Options

@keets said:
    DD, start a thread to see if Fitzbutthead should cut his beard.

Consider it done!

• Options

This election is a scam, a fraud, it's the hanging chads I say!

• Options

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@Hydrant said:

I'm not sure, but I have thought about it and the best answer I can come up with is, he's a very valuable quarterback that will be the number one pick. You really don't see too many quarterbacks with long hair like that.

I KNOW the answer.....I was an athlete with long red hair. Long ago. Unless you're a redhead, you CANNOT imagine the fixation people (AND THE COMPETITION!) have for red hair. It's ridiculous! But......it only makes us "FIREBALLS" stronger. As if we need it. AND.......the chicks LOVE red hair......so....the boys.....make fun of it. It's a WIN-WIN.......the opposition is unfocused on the task at hand and the cheerleaders are totally focused for the after game PARTY!!!!!!!!! WHOOPIE!!!!!!

• Options

P.S....This kid, Trevor L., if you don't think that he went through horrible teasing as a kid because of his hair......you're not thinking. Pee-Wee to Division I. It never stops. It's a given. I'm POSITIVE! that his hair is an IN YOUR FACE challenge. His mother probably explained that concept to him. I.e. makes you stronger son. Again.....has anybody noticed how many NFL quarterbacks have red hair? Why is that? And.......why no mention of other outrageous hairdos in the NFL. WHY????........WHY!

• Options

Steve, we were robbed!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Steve, we were robbed!

Those who voted no just don't understand the situation.

But we'll forgive them, it's the right thing to do. Especially since they're anonymous, so we don't know who the yell these hippies are. 😉

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

He best watch out for the rookie initiation.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will the Russians, North Koreans and Iranians get involved? I'm hacking already.