Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Vintage 50s-70s realize strong prices tonight (Monday) on PWCC...80s RCs softening.

mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some record prices...

1957 Willie Mays psa-9......... $30,500
1958 Mickey Mantle psa-8......... $10,600
1963 Pete Rose RC sgc-96........ $44,100
1966 Jim Palmer RC psa-9........ $7,750
1968 Johnny Bench RC psa-9........ $10,600
1973 Mike Schmidt RC psa-9....... $7,250

mint_only_pls

Comments

• Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

Hee hee hee...have a nice Bench and a good Morgan rookie within 30 days on the CTD chart....

So, I hope.the prices stay up through August

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ug - Clearly I missed the boat on ever getting a Rose rookie. On the bright side the second year card is a much better looking card.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2021 7:00AM

It is becoming difficult to buy any vintage RCs from the 50s-70s PSA-8.5s and 9s within budget....

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

I was bidding hard last night - like serious ‘splaining of credit card bill bids - and got shut out. You could have bought two of some of these cards last year at these levels and I’m empty handed. It’s nuts.

• Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

I thought this is interesting:
    BVG 7 > PSA 7
    Both nice cards. Buy the card, not the holder. BVG strong sale; normally 25-50% less than PSA counterpart

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the market is still nuts. I'm kicking myself for the cards I sold last year that are now going for 4x to 10x what I sold them for. But at least I picked up a graded '63 set to get the Rose and Mantle before the spike. I accidentally won it at a bid amount I thought was too low. Then had to explain to my wife that I spent a lot of money. Now I'm getting unsolicited offers at a 25% premium vs what I paid and that's after HA's fees. Go figure?

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

Not just the RCs. Seems like all Mantle, Aaron, Mays from 50's & 60's are way up in 8's and above. Was bidding on a '73 Mays PSA 9 a while back and it closed at over $1500. Seriously, a '73?

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

BVG old holders with subgrades were very strictly graded. The higher price does not surprise me.