Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Tennis cards

Do you think it too late to start investing in Tennis cards. 2003 Netpro has taken a jump recently and is loaded with stars?

Who is the better investment Serena, Federer Nadal?

Comments

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2021 8:20AM

Grab all 3 while still attainable

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2021 11:07PM

@robotur said:
    Do you think it too late to start investing in Tennis cards. 2003 Netpro has taken a jump recently and is loaded with stars?

Who is the better investment Serena, Federer Nadal?

Out of those 3, I would go with Nadal. He's the youngest of the three and has better chances of winning more slams. However, I think eventually Djokovic will surpass them all, and will be the heavy favorite to win Wimbledon this summer. So, I would be looking at his rookies for investing.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

Tennis cards were the last sport to pick up prices. Huge stars rookies were peanuts in high grade. I don’t own any anymore but the 2003 Stadion Federer seems like it’s still not as popular as the net pro elite and it is much more scarce. By far the rarest tennis rookie is 1968 Mira Rod Laver. I spent years waiting for one to come up for sale. Finally a fairly well known Italian seller listed one about 5 years ago. I was the under bidder at 750. At the time no tennis card was selling for more than 30-50 bucks.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried and missed on that Laver as well. That's quite a regret!

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@eagles33 said:
    Tennis cards were the last sport to pick up prices.

What about Bowling cards?

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21