Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Should I get this Russell Wilson card certified? If so, by which company?

Hey folks,

Newbie here..I picked up a good handful of cards recently an would like to know about them. Just doing some research in general, these cards values go up and down like the bloody stock market..Wow.

Ive see on ebay this same card rated 9 or 10 listed and sold for a few hundred to almost 2 grand.

What am I missing with such a spread?

thanks for any info.

Comments

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

The 2 grand cards you see are likely variations or Topps Chrome. This is just the base, roughly $500 in a 10, $150 in a 9, $50 in an 8.

It’s tough to tell condition with these pics, but I wouldn’t have it in a top load without a sleeve on it. It’s easy for them to get surface scratches like that.

Having said that, as long as that’s glare in the bottom right corner and not paper loss, I don’t see anything that would keep me from submitting at the value $20 level if you’ve got other cards to sub and don’t mind waiting for a year or more.

• Options

A year.... Wow.. which company? Is this a 9? The scratches are on the plastic not the card.

where do I get some sleeves?

• Options
    KyserKyser Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

No on the 9 based on what I can see from photos. As for a year at $20, they are obviously talking about current PSA turn around times. Welcome to the board, pull up a sit and wait awhile.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the boards!

Hard to tell with a phone picture, but the bottom right corner on the back looks "touched".

If you are going to ask for some card evaluations, I would suggest using a scanner.

You can get sleeves and other supplies on ebay.

If this is your most valuable card out of your recent pick up, I doubt it is worth sending in, but as I said, it's hard to tell without a higher quality picture.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Thanks... Unknown if it is my best card... It was just a name I knew. I have a few hundred more to go through..

Any particular kind of sleeve? someone mentioned not to get a top loader?

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

Search cardsaver

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    KyserKyser Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

Before, I used a soft sleeve/top load/team bag. Card Savers are less trouble. Cards won't slide around as bad in Card Savers, IMO.

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

Need better pics, but now that it’s been pointed out, that bottom corner does look dinged.