Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Eli Manning signed football... Get it certified or not?

Hey folks, I have a few signed items but none are JSA/Beckett certified.

Is it worth the time and expense?

I sent a signed Harrision Ford photo to Beckett 2 months ago and still dont have it back. argggh..

What is this worth these days (ballpark).. with or without the cert?

Shoot me a note here or PM...

thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you plan on selling it I would get it certified asap.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't recall the specifics, but I thought Eli Manning memorabilia was somewhat toxic. As in, you may not be getting what you think you're getting, regardless of what letter or hologram is attached.

• Options

Not sure what you mean by toxic?

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

FBI involved. Fake authenticity, with Manning's involvement. Not really what they say it is. I don't recall specifics, but I'm sure Google will have it.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:
    FBI involved. Fake authenticity, with Manning's involvement. Not really what they say it is. I don't recall specifics, but I'm sure Google will have it.

I think that had to do with questionable game used equipment & his signed letters of authenticity....Nothing with just his autograph per se.

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    KyserKyser Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2021 7:43AM

A look at jsa and Beckett football autos, his signature is all over the place. I can’t find two that look alike. But to answer your original question. Sale or authenticate first. If I knew it was real I would do neither in the current market. 30-40 raw 75-150 authenticated. I would wait a decade.