Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Brick and Mortar Card Store in Western PA

A friend is opening a card store this weekend at 345 Main St Reynoldsville, PA 15851. It is about 10 minutes from I-80 exit 86 or 97. He is a log-time collector like me, but this is his first shop. He's pretty excited about it, and I hope he does well. If anyone is in the area, it might be a good road trip in a couple weeks when he starts to get the hang of it. Or knock down the doors Saturday morning if you are close by.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
My Pirates Collection

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Jim

I wish your friend all the best buddy.

BTW, are you familiar with Jabs family on youtube? He enjoys hitting stores and reports on them - he has an incredible audience and "reach." He has almost 90,000 subscribers!

He's also in the Pittsburgh area and does travel some distance to hit stores and report on it.

If you don't know him or what I'm talking about? I'd be glad to mention the shop addy next time I watch a live rip.

Mike
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

Thanks, Mike. That would be great. I'm not on youtube much. I just watched a few of his videos.

My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

wishing him all the best! years ago I used to frequent a shop in Monroeville (wonder if that's still around?)

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    HBaumHBaum Posts: 42 ✭✭

@Ironmanfan said:
    wishing him all the best! years ago I used to frequent a shop in Monroeville (wonder if that's still around?)

IMF

Was in TNT card shop on Rte 22 in a little strip mall? I'm going back to 1980s on that one. There was also a card and coin shop in the Monroeville mall same era.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

@HBaum said:

@Ironmanfan said:

IMF

Was in TNT card shop on Rte 22 in a little strip mall? I'm going back to 1980s on that one. There was also a card and coin shop in the Monroeville mall same era.

Yes, TNT it is...I worked for a company that had a branch office nearby and would always try to hit it when I was in town...

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

TNT is not around but the guy does some local card shows. The guy Kirk is the son of the original owner.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck to the new shop owner.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    HBaumHBaum Posts: 42 ✭✭

@thatguy822 said:
    TNT is not around but the guy does some local card shows. The guy Kirk is the son of the original owner.

Interesting to hear, thank you for sharing. I lived near them. Kirk and I went to same school (I'm a few years older) and his dad's house was on my paper route. His TNT shop is where I purchased my Gretzky Rookie with my birthday money back in mid 1980s. I can't remember much of what happened to me yesterday, but I can remember that shop in pretty good detail. I hope Kirk is doing well.

• Options
    nightcrawler729nightcrawler729 Posts: 470 ✭✭
    edited March 30, 2021 4:24PM

The one in the Monroeville Mall was American Coin - upper level near the old Gimbel's. I think I'd go there nearly every time I went to the mall.

TNT - Where I bought my very first (creased all the way through) 1968 Topps Clemente.

Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

My best score from TNT was a bunch of East Hills Shopping Center Pirates.

My Pirates Collection