Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I m wondering if these would grade 8 or better ?

I have a lot of cards picked from my collection to get graded and I have never sent one to grade . I just wanna know if I m close on looking them over myself .

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

Look like they're right in that ballpark. 7 on a bad day, 8 on a good day.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

Thanks for your reply Ahmanfan. This is my first post and new to the forum . I guess I was asking for advice and opinions on what they would grade instead of a highlighted question post .

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am thinking both look like 7’s.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

Just curious why you think 7 on the Allen Iverson ? Not saying your wrong just trying to see what your seeing ?

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my opinion, Jordan 6 or 7, and Iverson 7 or 8.

Both of my opinions are based on corner wear. The corner wear on the Jordan, although maybe same amount of corner wear as Iverson, will always seem to look worse because of the colored edges/corners.

• Options

Thanks nam812 . I m new to the whole grading , I will be making my first submission soon and I have 50/75 cards ready . Most are jordan , and hall of famer rookies iverson , Kobe ,Shaquille, Duncan etc . I just don’t wanna make a mistake and spend a lot of money grading and get a rude awakening of 6, 7 s on everything. Most of them will just be kept for my personal collection . Thanks for anyone who comments and gives advice .

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they are for your personal collection, then my advice would be to wait for this big backlog at PSA to straighten out and then see where their pricing is. For personal collection cards where there is no rush to get them graded I would want to pay as little as possible to have them graded.