Home Q & A Forum
Options

VAM Question - 1901-o Morgan

I have Vammed most of my collection of Morgan and Peace dollars, but these two are giving me a headache.
This is the first one I just can't pin down. If images of certain other areas are needed, just say. Appears to have a doubled eyelid, but nothing else matches the listings. Any help or guidance will be much appreciated

Hope for the best, expect the worst, take what comes

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

@expat it will be advantageous for you to check out vamworld.com you shall find the research and vammers to nail it. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    @expat it will be advantageous for you to check out vamworld.com you shall find the research and vammers to nail it. Peace Roy

I am a member of and use that site already and have vammed most of my collection. I have posted this on there twice and had no definitive answer.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I didn't realize that. Near slanted date, 0 high and to the right, dbl olive? Other dbling could be in play. I enjoy vamming also. 31 or 37 is my first swag. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Well, I didn't realize that. Near slanted date, 0 high and to the right, dbl olive? Other dbling could be in play. I enjoy vamming also. 31 or 37 is my first swag. Peace Roy

After two more hours I am realising why it is confusing a lot of people. The obverse has all the PUPs for VAM37, tripled eyelid, doubling on the cotton leaves, ear. The reverse design C4/C3p has 3 of the PUPs for 37,eagles eye, nose and wing, BUT it has all 5 reverse PUPs for VAM38 except the date being in the wrong position.