Home Autographs Forum

1930s/40s Baseball Autographs

I found this baseball cleaning out a relatives house the other day. The only signatures I can make out are Joe DiMaggio and Bob Feller. Can anyone figure out the other signatures?

Comments

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2021 1:12PM

The DiMaggio & Feller signatures don't appear to be authentic unfortunately (not to mention a Jimmie Foxx that is suspect as well). Other names I see are Duke Maas, Joe Medwick and Bob Turley..,.I'm sure others will contribute their thoughts.

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with IMF - the ones I spotted (DiMaggio, Foxx) don't look good. Looks like a Joe Judge on there too, but not sure you can count on any of them being good if the big names aren't. Just one guy's opinion, of course.

Jim

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ones I recognize look bad.

• Thanks. I really appreciate the input. I’m not sure if it’s worth paying to have it authenticated on the slim chance that it is real.

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

@baseballguy2021 said:
    Thanks. I really appreciate the input. I’m not sure if it’s worth paying to have it authenticated on the slim chance that it is real.

Save your $$$

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can imagine a 14 year old, ages ago, playing a joke on his friends by creating an “autographed” baseball. 😉None of the signatures appear authentic.

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

@philographer said:
    I can imagine a 14 year old, ages ago, playing a joke on his friends by creating an “autographed” baseball. 😉None of the signatures appear authentic.

Agreed.

Now that I look at it again the placement of the signatures does not even look correct. Not signed the way a team or players would sign.

• Mo_MentumMo_Mentum Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

@baseballguy2021 said:
    Thanks. I really appreciate the input. I’m not sure if it’s worth paying to have it authenticated on the slim chance that it is real.

Late to the thread on this one, just saw it, but not only as everyone has pointed out, the signatures being atypical and definite forgeries, but all of them share one trait in common. They're all signed by the same hand.

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

The Turley looks right to me. It might be the only one.

I'm not familiar with Judge by memory, but that could be good too, if it looks close. Same goes for Maas, would have to look him up and compare to have a feel.

The rest look way off.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.