Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

COMC EBay Shipping Time

PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

I purchased a card from COMC on eBay yesterday. Today I received this notification:

PaulMaul,

Thank you for your purchase. Your order is being packaged with an expected shipping date of 4/13/2021.

Why the heck does it take them three weeks to ship my card once it is packaged?

Comments

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting choice of a talk-off; to say the least

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    I purchased a card from COMC on eBay yesterday. Today I received this notification:

PaulMaul,

Thank you for your purchase. Your order is being packaged with an expected shipping date of 4/13/2021.

twice as fast as direct. for half the price!

• Options

I thought there was an eBay requirement that once the buyer pays, the seller has to ship. Are you basically allowed to ship whenever you want as long as you cite extended shipping time in the description?

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

they claim due to covid, their shipping times are badly delayed. same deal when you buy directly from their website too. ive usually paid the extra few bucks for the expedited and it shipped in under a week. stupid if you ask me.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shows customer satisfaction paramount :)

"Will ship within 15 business days of receiving cleared payment."

15 Business day can be as long as 21 days

Means that any delays puts it over 30 days which make is more difficult to file claims. Is that be the sellers design?

Sheesh.... they are a dealer to definitely add to my do buy from list

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    dtsagent9dtsagent9 Posts: 69 ✭✭✭

I bought a card from them on 3/2/2021 and got the same message., card was delivered on 3/13/2021. Not bad considering they said 15 days.

• Options
    edited March 24, 2021 1:40PM

Maybe it’s more of a worst case scenario....

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    Maybe it’s more of a worst case scenario....

Spoiler alert: it’s a best case scenario. My estimated date was about two weeks after purchase and about two weeks past the deadline I sent a message through eBay asking about it and a few days later it shipped out. No response back from anyone though. I’m not sure if my message had anything to do with it or if it was coincidence.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dtsagent9 said:
    I bought a card from them on 3/2/2021 and got the same message., card was delivered on 3/13/2021. Not bad considering they said 15 days.

Yes. I purchased from them on 21 January and received it on 29 January. I understand there is a vastly longer delay if you buy direct.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

Per eBay policy.....

Ebay policy states a seller MUST ship within 30 days of recieving a cleared payment. BUT sellers will recieve seller defects on their record if they do not ship within the handling time shown in the listing shipping details.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

this reminds me of a deal from hell.

while back i had a card i bought. apparently and to my fault, i didn't notice that the seller had 30 day shipping policy. so, i had to wait 30 days before i could even inquire about a tracking number. then the seller had an additional 7 days to upload a tracking number. at that point the seller simply hit " marked as shipped ". i then had to wait an additional 15 days before i could open the case. after 15 days i got to open a case in which the seller had 2 days to reply, when they didn't reply, i had to wait another 2 days for ebay to decide in my favor and then finally another 3 days for the refund to get back. all in all about 2.25 months and never got my card or a single message from the seller. seller had a 10k+ rating too.

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    this reminds me of a deal from hell.

while back i had a card i bought. apparently and to my fault, i didn't notice that the seller had 30 day shipping policy. so, i had to wait 30 days before i could even inquire about a tracking number. then the seller had an additional 7 days to upload a tracking number. at that point the seller simply hit " marked as shipped ". i then had to wait an additional 15 days before i could open the case. after 15 days i got to open a case in which the seller had 2 days to reply, when they didn't reply, i had to wait another 2 days for ebay to decide in my favor and then finally another 3 days for the refund to get back. all in all about 2.25 months and never got my card or a single message from the seller. seller had a 10k+ rating too.

Same thing happened to me. The seller was from Vermont or NH. I’ve long forgotten their name but I’m almost positive they ran an LCS.

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:

PaulMaul,

Read their negative feedbacks hundreds lately that's all you need to know

• Options

@picklepete said:

@PaulMaul said:

PaulMaul,

Read their negative feedbacks hundreds lately that's all you need to know

Jeez, I never even looked at their feedback because I’ve bought from them repeatedly in the past with no problem.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone purchased from COMC direct or from them on eBay lately? Are shipping times still extended?

• Options

I purchased from them on eBay a couple of weeks ago. They shipped within three days.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I purchased an item from them recently and received it 7 days later -- seemed like normal processing to me.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    I purchased from them on eBay a couple of weeks ago. They shipped within three days.

@DotStore said:
    I purchased an item from them recently and received it 7 days later -- seemed like normal processing to me.

Great! Thanks for the quick replies.