Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB: this particular 1943 Mercury dime, PCGS MS67FB CAC

I am a former owner of this coin and I've realized that I never should have sold it. I really want to complete a later date set of toner Mercs, and I didn't realize what I had. 1943 full-bands dimes with attractive toning aren't as common as among other issues.

I bought it back in 2007 from Wayne Herndon at a coin show when it was holdered as PCGS 66FB. I paid about $75 and sold it at GC in Feb 2018. It hammered at $47.

Later when perusing my PCGS sold inventory, I saw that this coin has been regraded to 67FB. (I learned in exactly the same way that several coins I sold were quickly upgraded. Story for another time.)

So. It's in a new NFC holder, doesn't show in any collector inventory, and I don't see it on eBay. I would love to buy this coin:

Comments

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Steve-

Its currently on its way back from CAC with a sticker :). It's a beautiful coin and part of my mercury dime collection. If I ever go to sell it, i'd be happy to send it back to its previous owner! I have bought probably 50+ mercs off of GC, so odds are I bought more than one of your coins.

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

Wow Dave -- that was quick, and serendipitous, too, as I've been meaning to catch up with you by PM. I'm happy that it's landed safely in your collection!

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fastest coin reconnection ever.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just another reason why I appreciate this place. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was all set to say something like - "I doubt this will work, but I have seen it a couple times on this forum" - only to scroll down and see the coin connection was already made. Amazing!

My current "Box of 20"