Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Graded Cards Not PSA

2»

Comments

• Options
    MondeloMondelo Posts: 25 ✭✭

@Harnessracing said:
    Super nice Reggie Mondelo. Better than my 8.5. I’ve always liked the darker purple ones best.
    Dont pay any attention to the negative comments. I’ve seen 1000 Reggie’s and no one would complain if that was in a 9 holder

Thanks so much for the kind words. Exactly why I consigned my 8.5, because I actually thought this 8 was a whole lot nicer, some may say bad move. In my opinion of collecting cards I never bought the grade, it was always the card. Now - not to say I didn’t buy common cards in 8 holders I needed for my sets.. if I did that with every card you would go bonkers ;) . But with my star cards.. I would pass on certain 8’s and buy nicer ones or 9’s also.. I’ve owned two 69’ sets at the same time one I consigned to Mile High.. grade average of 8.2. My 9 set I kept. I put these sets together over years with a whole lot of my own submissions. I have quite a few sets on the registry.. so in closing of this long winded old man BS. :) i think I know a little bit about grading and cards. But as the old saying goes.

“if your the smartest guy in the room, your in the wrong room”.. always trying to educate myself ;)

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd take a high end 8 over a lower end 9 any day and pocket the difference. I've done that even with low pop 75 minis in the past, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mondelo said:

@nam812 said:

@Mondelo said:
    ......this is “one” of the nicest RC cards of Jackson I’ve seen.........

I'm sure that statement means something to you, and from what I can see the card looks nice, but for all any of us know you may have only seen 3 others.

Really… :D I’ve only seen 3? Maybe you didn’t read any of my post on this thread. That’s why I stay off these boards, I will give you a bit of info without sounding arrogant, just hard work. I’m #4 on the registry with the 69’ set, I have 68’ 67’ sets, player sets in all sports. Been buying and selling cards for 55 years.. sold on eBay. Like I said not being arrogant.

There’s and old quote from Lincoln.. it’s sometimes better to be quite and thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt. ;)B)

Just let us know when the crying is over.

• Options
    edited March 11, 2024 8:09PM

Nam812

😂 internet Douche bag 🤡. I like these tough guys on the internet.

• Options

@grote15 said:
    I'd take a high end 8 over a lower end 9 any day and pocket the difference. I've done that even with low pop 75 minis in the past, too.

75’ topps is a nice set, standard and minis, a bit after my collecting back in the day. I have the regular standard set ungraded. Still a nice set with Brett, Yount and Carter Rookies..

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

Jim Rice also. Quite the outfield back then with Lynn and Evans. Fun sets to collect.