Home Sports Talk
Options

The moon in Green Bay

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a 2005 Wild Card playoff game between the Vikings and Packers, Randy Moss scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter to give his team a 31-17 lead. His 34-yard catch would be the final score of the game, but his 70 yards receiving and his two TDs wouldn't be the big story of the game. The big story was his fake mooning of the Green Bay fans, for which he was fined. In these two videos, he tells the story of what happened. He tells the first part of the story in the first video, and then finishes the story in the second video.

Comments

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

A fun moment - hard to believe that was 15 years ago

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it was hilarious

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

Knowing about the Packers fans mooning the Vikings bus, when I saw Randy do this, I thought it was hilarious.

I never really understood why it was controversial.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

it really was a hilarious moment. where has the time gone?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd forgotten about the band taunting Randy and never knew about the fans mooning him. Wouldn't have mattered - I thought the moon was hilarious at the time and still do. The only reason Randy got such a big fine - the ONLY reason - is because Joe Buck had a heart attack on TV about it. And that was only because of Buck's bias in favor of Brett Favre.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2021 3:37PM

I also thought it was hilarious, and was quite entertained by this beautiful act, and yes, Joe Buck did have a fit about it, and called it a "disgusting act". Personally, I enjoyed it, and think Moss was just giving it back to the Packers fans.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe Buck is a disgusting act.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set