Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1829 O.104 prime die state Bust Half; Other Coins

dpvilladpvilla Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Terms:
All items guaranteed to be genuine unless otherwise identified as a copy or replica.
All die varieties guaranteed to be properly attributed.
7-day no hassle return on all purchases.
I will ship only to U.S. addresses.

--** Accepted Payment Options: Checks, Money Orders and PayPal (add 3% to the total price for PayPal unless no-fee payment is used).

Thanks.
........................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................

1829 O.104 Prime Bust Half Dollar
Seldom offered, rare die state (R5+? per Herrman) of this Overton die marriage. A1 and A2 of the reverse legend are not filled in with die chips. The '?' indicates that the R5+ designation is the current best estimate for the rarity of this die state. Time will test the validity of this assessment. This example is the first that I have owned in my 30+ years of collecting.
The coin offered here has been cleaned (not harshly) and has a small dig in the field in front of Liberty's mouth.
The toning is medium gray. Good strike and only moderate wear.

Not as nice as the PCGS XF45 that Downey sold in Mail Bid #50 (Jan 2020, Lot 83) https://sheridanscoins.com/inc_past-auctions.php, but less than 1/3 the price. GONE
OTHER COINS:

1787 Connecticut Copper Maris 44-W.4 (Rarity 4)
Draped Bust Left.
A lovely specimen of this scarce variety, especially in higher grades.
Enameled in the obverse fields with the variety attribution numbers; (from a very old collection).....GONE

1877/6-CC Dime NGC MS63 F-108
This one is listed on Gerry Fortin's web site @ $825. Here is his description:

1877/6-CC, Bold Overdate, Fully Struck, Natural Gray Patina, Very Choice, NGC Gen 3.0 Fatty Holder!. Wow! What an exceptional example of the 1877/6-CC overdate. A fully choice specimen with old time gray-rose patina over steely fields. Since being Mint State and lacking wear, a 10x loupe inspection of the flag of the second 7 digit clearly shows the earlier top loop of the 6 digit. Beyond the overdate, the F-108 obverse die features a repunched date and large diagonal die scratch in the lower shield. Strike is 100% complete with boldly impressed devices on both sides. Fairly graded and housed in Gen 3.0 NGC Fatty holder with brown outlined label. If you've always wished for an example of the 1877/6-CC overdate with complete diagnostics, this is your opportunity. Consigned from an old time collection and never submitted to CAC. Definitely worth the pricing premium.

If you would like more info on this piece, contact me to discuss. The NGC Gen 3.0 holder is from the mid 1980's.
..................................................................................................................................................................

1992 Redbooks - New Old Stock
1 case of 12 books with the original cardboard setup from a dealer's old stock.
All books are brand new.
Shipping will be by media mail......$38 shipped
(I also have 11 new books from 1986 with the original display case.)