Home Sports Talk
Options

NCAA Men's Hockey

VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

I'm not a big hockey guy but I found this interesting. All 5 of the Division 1 teams in Minnesota are in the tournament simultaneously for the first time. That also means that 5 of the 16 teams are MN teams. Nice work!
https://ncaa.com/brackets/icehockey-men/d1/2021

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been to several Frozen Four's they are a blast.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Michigan and Notre Dame out due to Covid.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first year at NMU they were defending champs, and they played at the town rink so there was a bar there you could get $1 beers at and take them to your seat. Good times.

• Options

Old Yost arena at U of M was a great place to watch a game. Being out due to Covid sucks but it is what it is. They have a great young team.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love college hockey. Went to 70+ games when I was attending Western Michigan. So many fun memories!

• Options

@Tabe said:
    I love college hockey. Went to 70+ games when I was attending Western Michigan. So many fun memories!

I used to go as well. Especially fun to go to a Knollwood party afterwards. KEGGER!!

m

• Options

Congrats to UMD (University of Minnesota Duluth) in winning the longest NCAA hockey tournament game ever. 5 OT and lasted 6 hrs 12 minutes.