Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Any experience with Bertolami Auctions?

Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at a couple pieces in their upcoming auction. But, never bid there before. Appreciate any feedback in the thread or via PM. Thanks!

My current "Box of 20"

Comments

• SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tread carefully; they have had numerous public issues with authenticity.

Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • WorldGoldWorldGold Posts: 14 ✭✭✭

Keep your eyes open wide.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WorldGold said:
    Keep your eyes open wide.

Yes as they have been known to keep their eyes wide shut

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tread VERY VERY lightly. The company will have to get an export permit for your auction
    purchase. It took over 10 months for me to get mine. Between slow service with
    the export permit office, shut down for COVID19and the one month vacation that the country
    takes in August. To beat all, it was a German coin. Don't know about the questionable
    authenticity of coins, but they do accept PayPal. Good luck.

• Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geez... what a ringing endorsement! Thanks for the feedback so far.

@Tibor - did your coin look like the photos?

My current "Box of 20"

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it does. Just waiting for it was annoying. There never was any mention of an export permit until after the auction. I could see it if it was an Italian coin,but a German coin not really associated with Italy. The other delays were just inexcusable in my book. I was told 3-5 weeks the last week of November. Italy shutdown mid February. So 10 weeks waiting on the beauracracy. The country opened up first week of July. You read the rest. I take back my opening statement, it aged during the delay :D. I don't mean to hijack your thread, just letting you know about some issues. I hope you have better luck.