Home Q & A Forum

Is this PVC residue or just toning and haziness.

bagofnickelsbagofnickels Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks I have a question for you. Got this absolutely beautiful walking liberty half that I'm in love with. But when I turn it at a certain angle some haziness is apparent. There is also a TINY spot that appears mostly blackish but could be dark green. My eyes just can't tell. I do NOT want to get rid of or return the coin. Its beautiful and has very nice rim toning on both sides. Can you guys tell me if this is toning/haziness or PVC residue. Coin is in a slab and has a CAC sticker.

Thanks in advance and apologies for my photography skill trying to get this to show up took roughly 30 or 40 tries.

Comments

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good job with the photos. :)

Nice coin! :)
    Looks like it may be a small carbon spot in the planchet and not something to worry about. ;)

• bagofnickelsbagofnickels Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Good job with the photos. :)

Nice coin! :)
    Looks like it may be a small carbon spot in the planchet and not something to worry about. ;)

Thanks! I couldn't tell if it was just normal toning or pvc showing up in the 1 to 3 year window I've been reading about. Don't have any experienced coin collectors that I can show it too in person either.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nicely toned coin!

• bagofnickelsbagofnickels Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    Nicely toned coin!

Thanks! I didn't realize how nice the toning was until I got it in hand.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a lovely walker!
    I see nothing on it to worry about.

Collector, occasional seller