Home Precious Metals
Options

Dansco 7181 ASE Album

blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 20, 2021 10:16AM in Precious Metals

Hello, I just realized after finally getting around to adding 2021 T-1 ASE to the album that all 4 pages are now full (36 years/coins). Does anyone know if a 5th page will fit in the book of am I forced to start with 2021 T-2 in a new album? It would be much nicer just to buy a single page rather than having to invest in a whole new album just to store more gutter metal. Looks like it would probably fit but it's close. Thanks in advance!

Edit to add, everywhere I search for a blank page everyone is out of stock and or on backorder. A few places charging $20-$30 for a blank sheet. Holy Moley, maybe I should of been stacking Dansco sheets instead of ounces of gutter metal? Perhaps going forward it would be easier if I just buy one of those digital NTF coin album thingies. Crazy world!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

Comments

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unrelated, but every time I see you make the reference about “gutter metal”, I’m reminded of the time I sold all of my silver and bought gold with the funds. Man, I don’t miss storing all of that stuff. It was like a boat anchor in my safe.

• Options

More off topic, when I see your handle it always makes me think Petula Clark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZSklx9wKdY

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone said the standalone gold page for the 7070 is going for $120.

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

@Downtown1974 said:
    Unrelated, but every time I see you make the reference about “gutter metal”, I’m reminded of the time I sold all of my silver and bought gold with the funds. Man, I don’t miss storing all of that stuff. It was like a boat anchor in my safe.

+1
    I have no interest in silver because of the BULK!

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Hello, I just realized after finally getting around to adding 2021 T-1 ASE to the album that all 4 pages are now full (36 years/coins). Does anyone know if a 5th page will fit in the book of am I forced to start with 2021 T-2 in a new album? It would be much nicer just to buy a single page rather than having to invest in a whole new album just to store more gutter metal. Looks like it would probably fit but it's close. Thanks in advance!

Edit to add, everywhere I search for a blank page everyone is out of stock and or on backorder. A few places charging $20-$30 for a blank sheet. Holy Moley, maybe I should of been stacking Dansco sheets instead of ounces of gutter metal? Perhaps going forward it would be easier if I just buy one of those digital NTF coin album thingies. Crazy world!

Dansco hasn't produced product for at least 3 years. Any Dansco product are worth what the market will bear.

I would suggest buying 2 Whitman Albums and selling of the Dansco for what you can get for it.

• Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on information on their website, Dansco has been making albums (albeit at a slow pace) since October, 2020, after a sixth month shutdown due to COVID.

Higashiyama
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2021 4:48AM

@Higashiyama said:
    Based on information on their website, Dansco has been making albums (albeit at a slow pace) since October, 2020, after a sixth month shutdown due to COVID.

Yep:

Dansco Corporation is a small, family run business since 1937. We sell mainly through distributors across the United States. We relocated from Los Angeles, CA to Sumas, Washington beginning in November 2017 and finally closed our Los Angeles doors on July 31, 2019. We postponed production for a few months during our transitional period.

COVID-UPDATE: We began production in Sumas, Washington in February of 2020, but were forced to close temporarily due to COVID-19 in mid-March 2020. We were closed for over six months but are currently working with new social-distancing protocols that have allowed us to have a small workforce in place.

March , 2021 UPDATE- We began production beginning October 19, 2020 with a small crew. It is taking time for the albums to reach the distributors and subsequently, the retail stores but we are manufacturing albums. Until we are able to hire a full workforce, we will be manufacturing at a slower pace. We are simply grateful to all of you, our loyal customers for your patience and for supporting American jobs, especially during these very challenging times. Stay healthy and be safe. -Dansco

Looks like a move followed by a Covid shutdown is responsible for the shortages. I guess if they produce a page 5 my question would be answered. Maybe starting with 2021 T-2 it's time for a new album but not seeing that available either.
    Edit: According to site: American Eagle Silver Dollar New Album- Fall 2021

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

Yes. The album holds 5 pages . I have several SAE Dansco Albums with the 5th page (blank) inserted and it does not over stuff the album , its fits as the perfect final page.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    DontTellTheWifeDontTellTheWife Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Looks like the cheapest blank dansco pages on Ebay are 42 bucks!! have a few blank 7181 pages available cheaper if you need one.

• Options

@carew4me said:
    Yes. The album holds 5 pages . I have several SAE Dansco Albums with the 5th page (blank) inserted and it does not over stuff the album , its fits as the perfect final page.

Thank you! Just what I needed to know. Now to find a few blank pages (or even page 4's as my page 4's are all currently blank) at a reasonable price.

• Options

@DontTellTheWife said:
    Looks like the cheapest blank dansco pages on Ebay are 42 bucks!! have a few blank 7181 pages available cheaper if you need one.

Yeah prices are crazy. There is one seller with blank pages at $19.90 + $3.64 shipping. Of course listed in supplies so add on anther 6% sales tax.

Appreciate the offer, I need 3 if you have that many you are willing to give up. Shoot me a price, otherwise no biggie, looks like I have time before I will need them.

Brings up another question. Has there been any announcements as to when 2021 T-2 will be released by the mint? Guessing premiums will be up there for quite some time as many people will want them. I'll probably procrastinate until the end of the year in hopes of normal pricing. Thanks!

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 7 blank quarter dollar pages if anyone's interested. Never been used.

• Options

@DontTellTheWife said:

Thank you @DontTellTheWife your generosity is completely off the charts! Received the pages today and I am blown away. I will certainly pass it on in one way or the other. Have a wonderful day.