Options
Need a consult with the bust half experts...2 over 1 1812
rte592
Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thanks in advance.
1812
What are the chances this is a 2 over 1 large 8?
Sorry for the crappy pics, got an email in to the seller to see if I can look at it in person.

0
Comments
0% chance that it is O-101 2/1 Large 8.
Check the images of the 10 die marriages here:
http://maibockaddict.com/1812-capped-bust-half-dollar-die-marriage-summary-and-id-page.shtml
You can see by the position of the 2 in the date relative to the hair curl that this coin is not O-101.
I agree, the coin is not an 1812/1 Large 8. On that coin, the flag of the second "1" points to the middle of the "8".
An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.
Thanks that's what I needed.
The best way to get help on a die marriage or variety is by showing pix of the entire coin. Then we can look at attribution indicators, not just a numeral or two.
Some good pointers, nonetheless. Sorry it isn't the large 8 variety.
Here's a real one I bought several years ago.
Lance.
There is a member here who picked up a real one worth big money for less than $130 on ebay from an antique seller in the DC area, listed as a buy it now.