Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB - Older Elongated Coins!!!

EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m looking for pre-1960 elongated coins, or “pressed” coins as they are sometimes called. Any subject and denomination. Anything listed in “Yesterday’s Elongateds” and then some! Singles and entire collections wanted! I know dealers and collectors often tuck them away because they don’t know much about them. I’m a knowledgeable collector looking to fill holes in my collection. If in doubt about what you have PM me with a photo and/or description and I’ll help. Paying strong prices for pieces I need and even for ones I don’t!

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

My own custom elongated coins are done on earlier host coins (Indian cents, Wheaties, Barber and Merc dimes). But they were elongated in 2019 and 2020. So they’re a bit different- and I daresay collectible- but maybe not quite what you’re after, if you want elongates from early dies.

Still, I’d sell you a set for ten bucks delivered, if you want some.

Apologies for the brutally slow CollectiveCoin link below- give it time to load. I’m migrating to a much better collection management site, but am only halfway moved. These are still on the old site.

https://collectivecoin.com/lordmarcovan/nxfbLaouHlMuU7W5B34R/CbJUDR3ZR8rjbDbcOzOb

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

@lordmarcovan said:
    My own custom elongated coins are done on earlier host coins (Indian cents, Wheaties, Barber and Merc dimes). But they were elongated in 2019 and 2020. So they’re a bit different- and I daresay collectible- but maybe not quite what you’re after, if you want elongates from early dies.

Still, I’d sell you a set for ten bucks delivered, if you want some.

Apologies for the brutally slow CollectiveCoin link below- give it time to load. I’m migrating to a much better collection management site, but am only halfway moved. These are still on the old site.

https://collectivecoin.com/lordmarcovan/nxfbLaouHlMuU7W5B34R/CbJUDR3ZR8rjbDbcOzOb

Thanks...I already have a set of your elongateds! I can’t remember if I purchased them or won them in a giveaway, but they are firmly in my collection! :)

ANA LM

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldn’t remember either. Glad you have some of mine. Good luck in the quest!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

@lordmarcovan said:
    I couldn’t remember either. Glad you have some of mine. Good luck in the quest!

Thanks! :)

ANA LM

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EXOJUNKIE So I have one lonely elongated cent, it's got the 10 commandments on the rev (AU) and the date 1917 is visible on the obv. It's yours if you want it, gratis. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    @EXOJUNKIE So I have one lonely elongated cent, it's got the 10 commandments on the rev (AU) and the date 1917 is visible on the obv. It's yours if you want it, gratis. Peace Roy

PM sent!

ANA LM

• Options

Thanks to those who have contacted me so far! I’m still looking and buying! 💰💵🤑

ANA LM

• Options

Bumpity-bump! 😎

ANA LM

• Options

It’s been a couple months, so TTT! 🤑

ANA LM

• Options

I have $$$ to spend! 🤑🤑🤑

ANA LM

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have some tucked away let me dig them up

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:

We did some printing for a guy years back that did elongated cents and counter stamped cents.
    He had them forsale in truck stops all across the country.

The business name was Penny Crafters.
    At one time I think he had a website.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm always looking out for you at markets but nothing worthwhile so far. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

There are not as many as I thought :s The double wide box is mostly transport tokens and coin show medals .

Annndddd ..... I am having trouble reading the elongated coins thats a reading glasses issue but basically I have 10 elongated silver dimes and one elongated indian head penny.

a dollar face value of elongated silver :#:# 7 are from cali based coin shows and 3 are people related

• Options

if you ever develop an interest in jerome reddik or walter ciona i have you covered though

Actually I moved a ton of elongated stuff to longtime but presently bammed forum member Outhaul maybe he is still reachable somehow and still has some left

• Options
    edited September 5, 2021 10:34PM

Still looking to buy! Please message me if you have any to sell! B)

ANA LM

• Options

TTT!

ANA LM

• Options

I am going through withdrawal and NEED to buy some pre-1970 elongateds. Please help!!! 😜

ANA LM

• Options

Still looking and buying! Let me know what elongateds you have for sale or trade! 🤑

ANA LM

• Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

Any interest in these?

• Options

@Coll3ctor said:
    Any interest in these?

@Coll3ctor, thanks for posting these. Unfortunately 3 of them are too new and The Hall of Science is common. I’m sorry.

Don’t let that keep anyone from posting or PMing me though as you never know unless you ask … I promise a quick answer and/or offer! 🙂

ANA LM

• Options

TTT! Looking for pre-1970 elongated/pressed coins.

Let me know what you have! 🤑

ANA LM

• Options

Bump for the post-weekend crowd!

ANA LM

• Options
    edited April 6, 2022 8:49AM

i put 2 dimes on ebay

heres one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115326276777

edited to say i actually put 2 up but the second wasn't elongated until 1979 although the coin itself is old enough

• Options

It’s been awhile since my last bump.

I’m always looking for older elongateds!!! 😁

ANA LM

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭

There are some elongated Indian cents on ebay from St. Louis Lewis and Clark 1904 exposition. Put 1904 St Louis Louisiana expo in search box to find. Also try 1905 Portland Louisiana expo. There may be some there also.

• Options

Still looking and buying! If you have any older elongateds for sale please message me. 😎

ANA LM

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exojunkie and lordmarcovan are two of my favorite fellow coin collectors!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options

@oreville said:
    Exojunkie and lordmarcovan are two of my favorite fellow coin collectors!

Thanks! Back at ‘ya! 😎

ANA LM