Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1984 Papua New Guinea Proof Set w/ Pope

A few years ago purchased an estate with a box of foreign country franklin mint items. Kinda just going through now and I guess these are hot?

The coins are super nice in this set, spot free box and certs...to you break them out and grade or sell set as is?

Thanks, RJ

Comments

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

What I do.... If the box and packing materials are choice and complete, I sell the set as is.

If the materials are damaged, PVC, or incomplete, but the coins are choice, I get the coins slabbed and discard the materials.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

The set looks pristine. Franklin Mint items from that period should not have PVC problems. I'd leave it exactly as it is. Slabbing it would be a waste of money.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an excellent set that without question should be left alone, and kept/sold with ALL of the original packaging - cardboard slip cover, COA, accompanying letter, etc. Other FM sets of that year are quite good, including Barbados, Jamaica, Panama, Trinidad. PM me if you like as this is my pet area - were there also specimen uncirculated sets with this group?

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.