Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Next Quarterly Special?

Wondering if anyone knows what might be included in the next Quarterly Special? Would love a two week head start in rounding up some submittables--whatever they might be.

"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody gets a heads up on quarterly specials that I'm aware of.

• ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Giving PSA a chance to throw us a bone...anything?

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck! I'm well enough connected to get a heads up of upcoming price increases, but have never heard quarterly specials leak before they're posted.

• @ejguru said:
    Giving PSA a chance to throw us a bone...anything?

dream on man, dont we wish

• cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

so, at now min of $20/card to grade...where does everyone feel like things are going for those who need commons graded for complete sets? (PSA not the only ones at that price point) Not sure how/why anyone would even bother selling ANY graded card under the expense and headache of going through the grading process.

Agree with you cougar701. Hoping the quarterly specials are still discounted from the $20 point ($10? $12) that makes it more reasonable to submit.

I believe the backlog was just so great the only way to slow the flow was to increase prices to kind of eliminate some smaller and less valuable orders without going completely crazy. The other grading companies I think had to do the same thing as PSA not the only one's under pressure here.

OK, maybe July-September will give rebirth to another quarterly special--about the time my February/March 60's Special will enter grading? Maybe?

well, the intake valve now closed temporarily for only the $300/card + price points.

Yeah, maybe we've seen the last quarterly special of 2021. :'(

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

I would bet they never return

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's

I suspect once they get it under control and get the backlog to a reasonable level and determine how much of the volume is artificial, they will go back to business as usual with the specials/club pricing. I still feel like $20 per card min now becomes ever more of a gambling game and is a lot for most commons and non rookie semi-stars based on current market values.
    Pain like this for the industry is what will hopefully launch significant progress toward true grading automation to improve speed, reduce expense and gain greater consistency. Early on, it could reduce human involvement to just a role as finished product QA before it gets packaged and sent back to the customer.