Home Sports Talk

Patrick Ewing’s extreme entitlement

ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31046252/patrick-ewing-annoyed-being-accosted-msg-security-jokes-everybody-building-know-hell-am

There are so many bad quotes in there. His sense of entitlement is off the charts. Remember back during the NBA strike he claimed we ought to pity the players for their financial sacrifices while on strike because “yeah, we make a lot of money. But we spend a lot of money, too.”

👎

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean I can kinda understand his point, he was a Knicks icon for years. I’m not a Ewing or knicks fan by any stretch but to be fair I can understand what he is saying.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

No comment, as I enjoy the privilege of posting here and being honest would not allow that to continue.

@LarkinCollector said:
    No comment, as I enjoy the privilege of posting here and being honest would not allow that to continue.

Welcome to my world

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@LarkinCollector said:

Welcome to my world

You should see what I post when I've got a bottle of Boone's in me :D

• ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I mean I can kinda understand his point, he was a Knicks icon for years. I’m not a Ewing or knicks fan by any stretch but to be fair I can understand what he is saying.

Being asked for an ID badge is “getting accosted?”

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

You should see what I post when I've got a bottle of Boone's in me :D

happens to the best of us

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@ringer said:

@perkdog said:

Being asked for an ID badge is “getting accosted?”

I agree with him thinking he should be recognized is all. The rest of it is nonsense

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a neighbor who is 62 years old and Walgreens still cards her for cigarettes. Nothing surprises me anymore.

edited March 12, 2021 4:31AM

@doubledragon said:
    I have a neighbor who is 62 years old and Walgreens still cards her for cigarettes. Nothing surprises me anymore.

She should be happy they still sell cigs there, all the CVS and Walgreens around here are tobacco free. It’s ridiculous

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was carded when I purchased a bottle of rum last week. They card everyone regardless of apparent age.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

She should be happy they still sell cigs there, all the CVS and Walgreens around here are tobacco free. It’s ridiculous

I knew CVS quit selling, but I didn't know Walgreens is starting this. It's crazy, if they refuse to sell tobacco, there's a gas station right across the street that will be happy to take the business!

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I knew CVS quit selling, but I didn't know Walgreens is starting this. It's crazy, if they refuse to sell tobacco, there's a gas station right across the street that will be happy to take the business!

It’s ridiculous for a business to stop selling something and think they are making a difference, all they are doing is making it an inconvenience for people. The State of Massachusetts stopped selling flavored tobacco so instead of getting g the revenue from people buying it those people drive to New Hampshire and buy it and pump money into their economy. It’s a joke

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suppose some people might say he'd of been more recognizable/remembered if he had won one of those ship finals.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2021 1:17AM

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I think in the case of CVS and drug stores not selling tobacco, it's part of a cleaner, healthier image corporate execs want to portray. I have no real opinion about it, but I can understand the logic.

Kind of reminds me of church bazaars at the parish I used to attend as a kid. You could gamble in the basement of the rectory playing cards if you were over 18 years of age with a wad of cash. I always thought that was an odd activity for a church sponsored event in a holy place, but I'm sure they made a lot of money doing it.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    edited March 13, 2021 3:45AM

@grote15 said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I think in the case of CVS and drug stores not selling tobacco, it's part of a cleaner, healthier image corporate execs want to portray. I have no real opinion about it, but I can understand the logic.

Kind of reminds me of church bazaars at the parish I used to attend as a kid. You could gamble in the basement of the rectory playing cards if you were over 18 years of age with a wad of cash. I always thought that was an odd activity for a church sponsored event in a holy place, but I'm sure they made a lot of money doing it.

I totally understand the corporate image thing but again it’s just an inconvenience, nobody cares about the corporate image of either drug store, it’s not like they refuse to change the name of their syrup or are selling Mr.Potato Head 🙄

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Patrick..who?

The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant, when well into her 40's was consistently asked for her ID when we were out bar hopping. The problem was that she never remembered to bring along her drivers license. She's a very forgetful broad. Anyway, it was nice because it was a compliment to her fabulous girlish good looks but on the other hand it always annoyed me because I looked forward to getting her a bit smashed just for kicks during the ride home. 🍸💃

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

i am very intrigued by the lovely mrs hydrant

i think she may be the hottest woman i've never seen

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:
    i am very intrigued by the lovely mrs hydrant

i think she may be the hottest woman i've never seen

You can always dream.

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I normally ignore chit such as this, but saw it on Youtube so i clicked it on.

Two points, one was made by the commentator that Ewing doesn't look the same as he did thirty years ago, so folks may not recognize him. He's not exactly Michael Jordan.

Secondly my point, just because you used to work somewhere, doesn't mean you can suddenly go back there and roam around as you please. It's no longer your place of employment and security checking you out for clearance, etc, is properly doing their job.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to coach Patrick and Georgetown for winning the Big East Tourney. It was their only way to get into the Big Dance after a rough regular season.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

It’s ridiculous for a business to stop selling something and think they are making a difference, all they are doing is making it an inconvenience for people.
    >
    As someone who quit that horrible habit of smoking cigarettes, any inconvenience to getting my hands on them while trying to quit was an advantage.

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will the real Patrick Ewing "step" forward:

Rick Brunson, a former Temple basketball star who was a candidate to rejoin the team as an assistant, used Patrick Ewing's name to book an appointment with a female massage therapist he allegedly tried to assault at a suburban Chicago fitness center, according to a Vernon Hills (Ill.) police report.

Brunson, 42, was arrested June 25 and charged with attempted criminal sexual assault, criminal sexual abuse, and three counts of aggravated battery. The alleged incident took place April 2 at Life Time Fitness in Vernon Hills, according to the police report. The masseuse has had an order of protection against Brunson since the incident.

Brunson played for Temple in the early 1990s before embarking on a nine-year pro career. His son, Jalen, is ranked by ESPN as the nation's No. 1 high school point guard.

A source said last month that Brunson was set to be hired by Temple as an assistant men's basketball coach. His son, who will be a senior in the fall, is expected to choose his college in November. Jalen Brunson, who lists Temple in his final eight choices, is participating at LeBron James' Skills Academy basketball camp in Las Vegas this week.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.