Home Precious Metals
Options

Dealer recommendation for St. Augustine, Florida area please

davidkdavidk Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
edited March 11, 2021 9:19AM in Precious Metals

I'm trying to help a family member find a reputable bullion dealer in the St. Augustine, Florida area.

Does anyone know of some good one(s)?

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

buying or selling? Likely to do better doing it online with a major dealer.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb said:
    buying or selling? Likely to do better doing it online with a major dealer.

Buying. They're currently buying online but interested in building a local B&M relationship.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

When it comes to bullion, my experience with "walk-in" is that the relationship is a usually a one way relationship, especially when looking to sell. They all seem to have the attitude "you came looking for me."

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb said:
    When it comes to bullion, my experience with "walk-in" is that the relationship is a usually a one way relationship, especially when looking to sell. They all seem to have the attitude "you came looking for me."

My LCS often offers competitive pricing compared to online dealers like Apmex or JMBullion, but I'm nowhere near Florida.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

LCS visit isn’t always about the best deal over online. The experience holds value to me, well worth a mild premium. I wish mine was still open, closed a few years ago.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of our forum members is fairly close to that area. I beleve he dabbles in buying/selling. Maybe he'll chime in.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear