Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

One Dollar Notes under a Blacklight (Ultraviolet 365 nm) - One is not like the other.

oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was waiting on part in the viewing room to evaluate and remembered that I had a few One Dollar bills in my pocket that I needed to put into my wallet. One of them was very different than the others. So I took a couple of quick phone images to share with the forum. Under white light they all appear to be similar., just in case one was bleached in the laundry.

What do you think?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2021 3:23AM

It reminds me of a time when money was being stolen out of money bags. That's what it looked like under a blacklight when he was cought. I'm sure that's not the case here though.

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Possibly exposed to phosphates contained in laundry detergent.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

perhaps it is "an import"?

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's part of dye pack stained notes from a bank robbery, after attempting to remove the dye stain. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall