Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

CONTROVERSIAL AND REVEALING: Secrets to Cherrypicking Currency

synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 9, 2021 11:52AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Has anyone seen this presentation that gives the secrets away on the rarities ?
https://www.facebook.com/228250583875437/videos/465949277878020

Using these tools, many of us have made a lot of easy profit and built our collections at low cost but now this guy is going to let out all these secrets. It has taken many of us years to paw through books and research to detect the valuable varieties and in just a few minutes this easy to understand presentation quickly indoctirinates the beginner on exactly what to look for and how.

OMG. This guy is giving. it. all. away!
Shocking at best. and EPIC - Think Bruce Lee vs SanFran Kung Fu Association. We can not train the QuaiLo in the ways of our masters.

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent video for all levels of experience, from beginners to seasoned collectors. Robert is a genuinely nice guy too, always promoting the hobby.

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

I enjoyed it. Each cherry picked note was explained very well. I think its great that Robert is sharing this info (some examples from his own experience, some from others).

I always look for poorly described listings. A couple times I've missed radars or low # that were not listed as such. I also remember attending a couple of shows: one time a collector friend saw this radar (+ an insert replacement) $10 and paid the coin dealer about $5 over FV (b/c the coin dealer had no idea). It was worth about $90-$100 (at least).

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2021 10:54AM

It is this "depth" to collecting currency that is even more complex and intriguing than coins because we have serials numbers for both the note and the printing plates

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2021 6:26PM

@synchr said:
    It is this "depth" to collecting currency that is even more complex and intriguing than coins because we have serials numbers for both the note and the printing plates

It won me over years (& years) ago. The only trouble is Cdn currency isn't so complex, so you'll never see "mules" & the type of complexity seen with BEP produced notes. With such massive print runs there's all sorts of "goodies" out there.

The best we can do is missing FPN (Front Position Numbers) though we did have some "good-overs" (an old signature with a new prefix EEP, EES & EET) in our 1970's $10 (plus a few double-denomination errors in our Journey $10). That's about it though. Still see a lot of potential in the World currency market...

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the kind words guys!
    For more of this type of stuff, check out Cherry Picker's Corner in the SPMC bi-monthly Journal - Paper Money.