Home Testing Forum

BS

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 21, 2021 9:41AM in Testing Forum

FSH: PQ 1921 Alabama Commemorative 50c PCGS Old Green Holder Colorfully Toned Super Slider

1921 Alabama Commemorative 50c PCGS AU-55 OGH Colorfully Toned @ $525.00

The 1921 Alabama issues are one of the tough pre 1930's half dollar commemoratives to find attractive at any grade level. Technical grading doesn't assure anything as far as eye appeal, as strike wise the centers are soft and they can still be a bit cheeky even in high MS grades. They are normally one of those fill a hole in the set and then move on issues, as you can easily drop five figures for a superb gem for registry points and still end up with pretty much a ho-hum coin. This issue is also hard to locate with any sort of attractive toning again somewhat due to striking conditions since they do not posses cartwheel, nor satin luster, but are quite flat. A trip to the dip jar or two along with any other even mild cleaning abuse quickly renders them as lustrous road kill. Both the plain and 2x2 had also been issued by the commission with nothing more than just a mailing envelope, so there's no tab toned cardboard holder long term stored colorful survivors. The example offered here is the exception to the norm especially at almost uncirculated levels, as it's more attractive than even some gems. As I'm sure I'll get a PM barking about the price, this is only one of three toned slabbed AU's I am aware of and all have sold for multiples of sheet asking over the last 15 years. So if you are doing a AU or a OGH with color set once sold this isn't something you'll spot again tomorrow, as you'll be hard pressed to see another surface again to purchase for many years. I've also included images of a toned superb gem below to show luster and striking between it and at AU grading level For further education on this issue glance at all grades on Coin Facts and Auction Archives. Thanks for looking! :)

https://pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1921-50c-alabama/images/9224

AU55 Left ~VS~ MS67 Right

General B/S/T Terms & Notes:

PM me for more details.

Coins above will all ship at my expense.

Over $1K will be mailed via USPS Registered Mail Insured, Priority 2 Day, or Next Day Air Insured.

Coins less then $1K will be mailed via First Class USPS Mail Insured w/ Delivery Confirmation.

Payment Options = USPS or Bank Money Order, Cashiers Check, Personal Check, E Check, & Paypal (no fee % up-charge).

Trades at times depending on if of interest to me may be considered.

All Checks must clear prior to shipment.

7 Day full refund minus any associated shipping and PayPal charges unless mentioned otherwise in the description.

Extended terms available if your Piggy Bank is skinny, or hurt and healing.

As I can also offer extended 30-60-90 day terms, 1/3 down, no refund on layaway option.

A Reasonable Offer May Be Accepted on some items... the Key Word is Reasonable.

Full detailed in hand description on any of the items along with larger images available at request.

I'd greatly appreciate that posting of your most recent acquisition purchased from me on any forum board isn't done until the ink on the check is dry and you've happily received it.

I place a "On Hold" for three days max without a deposit on any item for members I've never dealt with, however if after this time period complete lack of responsive communication occurs, I reserve the right to offer the item to another active member.

Many Thanx in Advance!

Remember...

111% Positive Transactions with Members =

123cents, 49thStateofMind, 777, a039, adamlaneus, agentjim007, acloco, Ahrensdad, AnkurJ, ArizonaJack, astrorat, ASUtodd, Barndog, BBN, BBQnBLUES, beartracks42, bestclser1, brg5658, Blackhawk, blu62vette, Bob13, bobsr, Bootleg55, braddick, brokenCC, bstat1020, bsshog40, Cameonut, candy2012mustang, CarlWohlforth, Casey, chaze215, claychaser, cohodk, coinbuf, coindeuce, Coinerww2, coinlieutenant, CoinRaritiesOnline, Collectorcoins, ColonialCoinUnion, CommemDude, commoncents05, coinpictures, coinsarefun, cucamongacoin, dantheman984, DaveWcoins, Dave99B, DavidLawrence, dcarr, DCW, deltadimeman, DeusExMachina, disruptek, dizzyfoxx, DMWJR, DONNYJF, drddm, Dropdaflag, dunerlaw, DwaineO, EagleEye, Eagleguy, etexmike, erickso1, erwindoc, EXOJUNKIE, exposer, Fairlaneman, FilthyBroke, firstmint, fivecents, FredWeinberg, gecko109, Gerard, giorgio11, GoldenEyeNumismatics, guitarwes, Gluggo, Harry779, harvey85422458, holeinone1972, ianrussell, illini420, InYHWHWeTrust, Jamericon, jimbux61, jmj3esq, Jimscoins, jhdfla, joconnor, Jobessi, jom, jonathanb, Julian, joz350, kaz, keepdachange, keets, kieferscoins, KollectorKing, kyleknap, Lakesammman, lasvegasteddy, lordmarcovan, LRCTom, LeeG, LindeDad, LotsoLuck, lunytune2, MarkJude, messydesk, mercurydimeguy, metalmeister, MFH, mgoodm3, MICHAELDIXON, MidLifeCrisis, MisterTicToc, mkman123, Moonbiter, mommam17, monsterman, morgantype, MrEureka, mrearlygold, mustanggt, nencoin, NewEnglandRarities, njcoincrank, Nocerino18, NotSure, Numismatticadotcom, OffMetal, okiedude, OnlyGoldIsMoney, Oreol, oreville, ormandh, PawPaul, PonyExpress8, PQMorgans, PreTurb, ProofCents, pursuitofliberty, QuarterCollector, questor54, RaginsteveK, Realone, RG, RichieURich, richardshipp, RickMilauskas, ricko, RKKay, rld14, Ronyahski, RTS, RyGuy, rwyarmch, savoyspecial, ScarsdaleCoin, SeaEagleCoins, seanq, SeattleSlammer, segoja, Shortgapbob, silvereagle, SilverEagles92, shylock, slcphan, SLQ, SmallTownCoins, Smittys, SNMAN, SomeGuyFromMichigan, Sonorandesertrat, soty27, Southcounty, spacehayduke, SpaceMonkey, SteveHayden, stephunter, SullivanNumismatics, Swampboy, Tdec1000, terribleredmonster, thebigeng, theboz11, ThePennyLady, Timbuk3, TJM965, TomB, twodrhrdtp,TwoSides2aCoin, tychojoe, tydye, valente151, Vbowling299, WaterSport, wayneherndon, whatsu, yellowkid, Youngcoin15, zas107, zeebob. (Your Name Here!) :)

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments