Options

Ryan Fitzpatrick to retire

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Legend.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ryan “Mr.September” Fitzmagic. Amazing he has been around al these years. I always liked the guy for making fun jokes about but he annoyed me last year when he was rooting for Tua to get in the games, did a fist pump when he relieved him then the next week cried to the media how he was hurt over Tua playing over him lol

• Options

First ballot HOFer. (Hair of Famer)

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

My goodness that is a hairy man.

Doesnt Fitzpatrick have the record for most NFL touchdown passes from an Ivy league QB?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    My goodness that is a hairy man.

Doesnt Fitzpatrick have the record for most NFL touchdown passes from an Ivy league QB?

Yes, I think he does have the record. I forgot he is a Harvard graduate. My favorite Fitzpatrick moment was when he played for the Bucs, and he walked up in that press conference looking like Conor McGregor!

• Options

Another classic Fitzpatrick moment was when he showed up to practice in those tight shorts. He looked absolutely ridiculous.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

average to below average QB who only hung around as long as he did because someone is always getting hurt.

I just hope he shaves, the beard is ridiculous.

• Options

BREAKING NEWS: Ryan Fitzpatrick's beard just announced it will probably be retiring as well. It will retire as the all time leader in games worn.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

If my beard grew in like that I would never shave it off. That is one robust and luxurious beard.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    average to below average QB who only hung around as long as he did because someone is always getting hurt.

I just hope he shaves, the beard is ridiculous.

To each their own, but in my opinion that is a lot of negativity to throw towards this guy. I always thought he was kind of interesting. He plays at Harvard. Has possibly the highest Wonderlic score ever and they say he did it in record time. So he's obviously smart, but could he have a career in a league that basically eats QB's for lunch? It turns out that yes, he would be productive, and make a ton of money, going from team to team, always able to integrate himself. Basically, I saw him as a QB mercenary. A lot of fun to watch. And the NFL always needs these types of stories being injected and intertwined within the narrative to make it truly great. Plus the beard . He grows a very good beard. Every year or five I grow out my beard until my wife tells me to shave because she hates beards.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

in short, if QB's didn't get hurt he would have never played. that isn't much of a resume to me and I just never cared for the guy. it's also worthy to note what Teams he played for, with the exception of a couple seasons he was a rented QB on losing Teams, and most of them were pretty bad. if Fitzpatrick were any good, doesn't it follow that he would have been able to sign with a winning Team and stick for awhile??

• Options

No, don't do it Fitz, don't retire!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2021 7:07PM

Noooo...there’s goes 9% of the Patriots Starting QB in 2021 poll. Seeing that LarkinCollector was the only one that voted for Ryan Fitzmagic does it still count as 9% or now that he’s retiring is it really just 5? :D

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

He could of hid the football behind that beard and pulled off the most impressive QB sneak play.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".