Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

$1400 just confirmed stimulus - will you spend yours on Collectibles?

Looks like we just added $10T to the Debt and a lot of folks will be getting $1400.00 checks.
Will you spend it on collectible currency and which notes are you looking forward to buying?

Red Seal $1 USNs are on my radar!

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking not.

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since I'm getting nothing, I'm not going to worry about it.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spend it now, we'll all pay later.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now our local taxes might go up

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2021 5:19PM

@SaorAlba said:

Agreed, we've just jumped to a debt of $30T and inflation is gearing up. Your cash in the bank account is deflating in value as more is printed.

BTW, did anyone hear the rumor that the BEP halted all printing of collectibles until they catch up to printing cash for standard circulation?

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2021 5:26PM

@synchr said:

@SaorAlba said:

Agreed, we've just jumped to a debt of $30T and inflation is gearing up. Your cash in the bank account is deflating in value as more is printed.

BTW, did anyone hear the rumor that the BEP halted all printing of collectibles until they catch up to printing cash for standard circulation?

The USA is broke. Has been for a long time it's like a house of cards just waiting to fall. We are witnessing the slow crumble of an empire live right in front of us.

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2021 5:27PM

Next empire will be China then one day they will fall as well they all do. It will be a nightmare during their reign of power. I hope I am gone before that ever happens.

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    AtcarrollAtcarroll Posts: 343 ✭✭✭

I'm going to use my stimulus to pay the income tax i owe. Take that, irs.

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

I will be phased out to next-to-nothing, but I just spent my entire 25 cents of stimulus on a W mintmark quarter I just found in circulation! So 100% on collectibles for me.

• Options
    cashhoundcashhound Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

@synchr said:
    Looks like we just added $10T to the Debt and a lot of folks will be getting $1400.00 checks.
    Will you spend it on collectible currency and which notes are you looking forward to buying?

91% is only good for BLUE seals and NON-US notes

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love that red seal!

My stimulus will go to bills debt

• Options
    HashTagHashTag Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

I’m not getting a stimulus check either; just helping pay for others. IF I was I’d buy silver‼️

• Options

@cashhound said:

@synchr said:

91% is only good for BLUE seals and NON-US notes

Hilarious retort!

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will on getting some currency graded.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options

I got a check from Trump, and a credit card from Biden
    Looks like the precursor to inflation.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@synchr said:

@SaorAlba said:

Local bank giving out so much stimulus cash this week ...had new 100s ,50s 20s 10s 5s

• Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Anything from this administration, I want nothing to do with. They could send me a serial number 1 district set of 1928 $5 stars in Superb Gem, and I would send it back .

There is a certain good feeling buying a note with money that I earned honestly, through my own hard work.

This discussion has been closed.