Home Q & A Forum

Deleted

UrbanDecay04UrbanDecay04 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 30, 2021 7:50AM in Q & A Forum

Comments

• spirityoda1spirityoda1 Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭

We could try , but not sure what that will do ??? What did you do to get banned ?

Coin Junky...

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

:/

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!

You must have some idea of what happened. >:)

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people who get banned from here don't think they deserved the penalty, either. ;)

Many of us agree with some of them but at least the offending posts are obvious.

Was there another possible violation, such as multiple IDs, etc.?

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2021 3:04PM

@DarkRage666 said:

I created another account AFTER I was banned...

And if nothing else, that right there sealed your doom on CT, and made it permanent.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    edited March 29, 2021 3:17PM

My advice to you - stated before - is to forget about it, and learn to fit in here. These are great forums. I’ve spent 20 years here come August, though I’m not a fan of this 2016 platform update and dislike the Markdown format it uses. That was the primary reason I moved to CoinTalk five years ago- I like the platform over there better, is all.

There are plenty of great folks on both sites, and a good bit of overlap. Except in Ancients, I’d say the overall knowledge base here is a bit deeper, though again, there are many expert numismatists on both sites.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    edited March 29, 2021 3:19PM

One more thing-

Since you mentioned “ A ton of CT members have been banned and then let back in”, I should point out that you may be confusing the difference between a mere suspension - or timeout (a temporary ban, in other words), and a permanent one. Some people have returned from temporary bans. Permanent ones, not so much.

I do not know the full circumstances behind your ban (and would not be at liberty to discuss them - or have any desire to do so if I did), but I do know it’s permanent, so that’s that.

You’re finished there, as far as I know. Why not make the best of things and have a fresh start here?

I think the folks here would rather see some coin-related content from you instead of hearing about your grievances on another site.

Follow the advice in your own signature line and take your “evitagen”. Take the negative and turn it around.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan Well said. We're here to talk and learn about numismatic stuff. Have a good day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Best of luck here. It’s a good place, like I said.

• FranklinHalfAddictFranklinHalfAddict Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2021 1:00PM

I went through and read several of your threads here on CU and over at CT.
    You remind me a lot of a member who went by DETECTO over at CT.
    If I’m not mistaken he was eventually banned over there or he was suspended many times and eventually stopped logging on.
    Anyways, I hope you don’t succumb to the same fate here on this forum...

• Bruce7789Bruce7789 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:
    You are still welcome in NY, MA, and RI. If CT, wants you banned, not much you can do except write the governor and ask for a pardon.

;)

Yeah, I was banned in California, but after leaving, found I liked almost anyplace else better. Not so many pseudo sophisticates. .... :)

Bruce