Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

WTB 1979 BB cello pack PSA graded

I have been looking for a long time for a 1979 baseball cello pack PSA graded with the Seattle Mariners team card on top or Bruce Bochte on top I am willing to pay full retail price !!! I have only seen these cello packs raw thanks Paul.

Comments

• Options
    paulb71paulb71 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭

I missed my chances 6 months ago on eBay twice to buy the 1979 baseball wax pack tray with the brown price tag variation instead of the common green price tag variation. I will pay full retail price if someone has this brown version of tray to sell in great condition gai, bbce or raw I am interested in thanks Paul .

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2021 7:36AM

i never knew there were two variations of those trays!

i thought the brown version was the football version.

• Options

The first time I saw the brown version several years ago I thought it was fake then about 6 months ago I saw a couple more of the baseball trays with the brown price sticker just like the 79 football tray so I am just assuming the brown price version is much more rare

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

The brown graphic was used for 1979 football trays. I have seen a few baseball trays with them, though, too, often with K-Mart price stickers.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

this is the version I am looking to buy, they slip through my fingers every time I try to purchase.

• Options

What r the packs worth with the brown graphic

• Options

@Bentonmatt said:

I am not sure the retail price of the brown label 79 bb tray probably 300 - 400$ range that is just a (guess) and that is higher then what 2 of these sold on ebay about 6 months ago, If you have one of these or a 79 cello psa graded with mariners team card on top I am interested in buying !!!!!

• Options

@Bentonmatt said:

Probably slightly less than the standard ones with the green graphic as people typically wonder about authenticity since those were used for football trays.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@Bentonmatt said:

Probably slightly less than the standard ones with the green graphic as people typically wonder about authenticity since those were used for football trays.

that is true, I would probably pay over retail just to own for the kool factor, and to say I own both versions !!

• Options

@paulb71 said:

@grote15 said:

@Bentonmatt said:

that is true, I would probably pay over retail just to own for the kool factor, and to say I own both versions !!

I've owned a few of them over the years but none right now. The ones I've had bore K-Mart stickers and the one you posted above also appears to have a K-Mart price sticker partially worn off.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@paulb71 said:

@grote15 said:

@Bentonmatt said:

I've owned a few of them over the years but none right now. The ones I've had bore K-Mart stickers and the one you posted above also appears to have a K-Mart price sticker partially worn off.

I do not like when someone tries to pull off the price sticker off of any packs, especially when, and if it is an original price sticker !!!

• Options
    edited March 8, 2021 3:23PM

@paulb71 said:

@grote15 said:

@paulb71 said:

@grote15 said:

@Bentonmatt said:

I do not like when someone tries to pull off the price sticker off of any packs, especially when, and if it is an original price sticker !!!

Agreed. I like the way they look and it adds provenance, though for ones partially worn off like the one above, I would try cleaning it off entirely.

• Options

@coinspacks said:
    i never knew there were two variations of those trays!

i thought the brown version was the football version.

Football 79 also had the green price tag just like baseball,

• Options

WTB !!!!! I have been looking for a long time for a 1979 baseball cello pack PSA graded with the Seattle Mariners team card on top or Bruce Bochte on top I am willing to pay full retail price !!! I have only seen these cello packs raw thanks Paul.

plus looking to buy a 1979 bb wax pack tray with the brown price tag across the front of the pack .

• Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2021 10:00AM

Hey, Paul. I'm not on here much anymore, but saw your post and realized I think I have one of these. It is raw, not yet graded, but it came from a '79 Cello box I bought from BBCE years ago. These are the last two remaining packs. I kept it because it has Carlton Fisk on the back. You may not be interested since it's not graded, but I thought I'd let you know. Thanks.
    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51090804180_db3c832341_z.jpg
    Sorry, I don't remember how to post pics on here. If this doesn't work, message me your email.

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options

@scmavl said:
    Hey, Paul. I'm not on here much anymore, but saw your post and realized I think I have one of these. It is raw, not yet graded, but it came from a '79 Cello box I bought from BBCE years ago. These are the last two remaining packs. I kept it because it has Carlton Fisk on the back. You may not be interested since it's not graded, but I thought I'd let you know. Thanks.
    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51090804180_db3c832341_z.jpg
    Sorry, I don't remember how to post pics on here. If this doesn't work, message me your email.

Thanks for the reply, I truly appreciate it. The Mariners team card cello pack looks amazing, unfortunately I am looking for one already PSA graded, thanks Paul.

• Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

No worries @paulb71 I have some other packs to be sent in for grading, and was surprised to see PSA is still grading packs. I think I'll go ahead and send 'em in. I'll be in touch when it comes back, so maybe 2024? ;) Thanks!

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options

@scmavl said:
    No worries @paulb71 I have some other packs to be sent in for grading, and was surprised to see PSA is still grading packs. I think I'll go ahead and send 'em in. I'll be in touch when it comes back, so maybe 2024? ;) Thanks!

please do get in touch after you get it back PSA graded I will pay top dollar for that cello pack I appreciate it

• Options

Bump !!

• Options

bump !

• Options

Bump

• Options

Bump