Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Pricing on Qianlong and Jiaqing Dynasty Coins

Got some of these old coin in dealer junk bins and foreign lots. I was amazed by their age. Anyone know any price guides to see if they are worth more than a few cents? Most are well circulated, but a few might have enough details to qualify as VF/F.

Comments

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Images would help.

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

First, Qian Long and Jia Qing were regnal names of two emperors of the Qing dynasty.
    Qian Long reigned from 1735 to 1796. Jia Qing reigned from 1796 to 1820.
    Usually, their coins can be obtained for under $5. However, much depends upon the condition and the mint. Some mints are very desirable.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@harasha said:
    First, Qian Long and Jia Qing were regnal names of two emperors of the Qing dynasty.
    Qian Long reigned from 1735 to 1796. Jia Qing reigned from 1796 to 1820.
    Usually, their coins can be obtained for under $5. However, much depends upon the condition and the mint. Some mints are very desirable.

Where does one look for mint marks? I had a chinese student identify the lots I have and gave me the same dates you did and said that they were father and son rulers. Other than that, I know very little about them.

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

The script on the reverse of the coin identifies the mint. If you post the images, I might be able to help, but I am not very adept at it.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD